Hotels in York, United Kingdom
- Comprehensive hotel search for York online
- Find a cheap hotel in York!
- Book at the ideal price!
York, historic capital of the North
Visit York, one of the oldest cities in the UK with no end of things to do, places to see and delicious food to eat. Immerse yourself in two millenniums of history dating all the way back to the Roman period or check out some of the live entertainment at one of the city’s theatres and concert venues. With a variety of hotels and restaurants to suit every budget and taste you’re sure to find your fit in this beautiful northern gem of a city.
City of history
York has been an important site throughout British history having been a home to the Romans and the Vikings, both of who have left their mark on the ancient city which now provides a wide range of attractions for modern day tourists. The Jorvik Centre offers an amazing insight into the lives of the Vikings allowing visitors to see the remains of their homes and streets as well as a variety of fascinating objects that have been found in the surrounding area. For a more hands-on archaeological experience why not spend a day at Dig and see if you have what it takes to uncover the mysteries of the past. Other historical days out include the Richard III Experience and the York Dungeons both of which are great for the whole family.
York is full of medieval architecture from the Tudor shop fronts of Shambles to the world-famous York Minster, an incredible Gothic cathedral which still displays some of its 13th century stained glass. The impressively preserved city walls are also well worth a visit and can be walked as part of a guided tour or at your own pace. Walking and cycling tours of the entire city are available throughout the year but the brave of heart might prefer to learn the city’s spooky secrets and legends on one of the many evening ghost walks.
A day at the races
From May until October York Racecourse stages eighteen different race days, the most famous of which is the Ebor Festival spanning across four days in August. A day out here is filled with fashion, fun and excellent food available at the venue’s range of restaurants.
The racecourse is also host to a number of music concerts throughout the year and is a popular location for weddings and corporate days out. If you’re in York for an event there are several hotels suitable for a range of budgets near the venue as well as companies offering packages for the races and late deals on accommodation. Culture vultures looking to stay closer to the centre of town will find that both the Grand Opera House and the York Royal Theatre host a variety of excellent productions throughout the year.
No chance of going hungry
Whatever cuisine you’re looking for you’ll have no trouble finding it in York as the city has a huge variety of restaurants for a range of budgets. If you’re a real food lover, then consider visiting in September and October during the York Food Festival for a chance to taste some delicious treats and sample local wines and beers.
The cobbled streets of the medieval city offer a picturesque background to York’s thriving café culture. Bettys Café and Tearooms has been serving finger sandwiches and cakes for nearly one hundred years and is a popular spot for those wanting to try out a traditional English afternoon tea.
With so many great restaurants and traditional English pubs within walking distance of a number of central hotels you’ll be spoilt for choice but it would of course be a crime to leave the county without having had a classic Sunday roast complete with a proper Yorkshire pudding or two!
God’s Own Country
If you’re looking for a break away from the bustle of the city, then there are numerous country guesthouses and boutique hotels just outside of York that provide access to the city’s attractions as well as the surrounding stately homes and some of the UK’s most popular National Parks.
With its breath-taking scenery and amazing architecture, Castle Howard is just one of a number of National Trust attractions accessible by car and train that make for a lovely day out. Yorkshire is a beautiful county that has inspired some of Britain’s greatest artists and writers so why not grab a pair of walking boots or a bike and experience the fresh air and beauty of the Moors for yourself.
Price rangefrom £29to £354
- Hotel James Collegedeals from £4
- Hotel First Cabin 金沢百万石通deals from £4
- Hotel Wolds Glampingdeals from £41
- Hotel Premier Inn York City (Blossom St South)deals from £81
- Hotel Holiday Inn York City Centredeals from £79
- Hotel Well Appointed, Rural Village Getaway, Close To Malton, York And The East Coastdeals from £4
More Top Hotels
- Grange Lodge
- Yapham Holds Farmhouse
- Franklin House
- The Little Hide
- Safestay York
- Friars Rest Guest House
- The Farthings
- Crossways Guest House
- Principal York
- Ye Olde Red Lion
- In-town Apartments
- ibis York Centre
- Premier Inn York North West
- Park Inn By Radisson York City Centre
- The Waggon & Horses
- Beautiful Two Bedroom Lodge Situated On A Small Park Surrounded By Wildlife.
- The Lighthorseman
- Staycity Aparthotels Paragon Street
- The Cavalier
- Visit York City Centre And Stay In Corner House, A Luxurious 3 Bed Town House
- Victoria Hotel
- Premier Inn York North
- Spacious Central York Apartment, 5 Minutes From York Minster, Free Parking Space
- C Farmhouse Accommodation
- Highfield Lodge In Tring Situated Near Beautiful Woodland And Field Walks
- Orchard Lodge, Exclusive Log Cabin, York Riverside Village 2m P+r, 4m City Walls
- The Lawrance Luxury Aparthotel - York
- Hotel Hilton York
- The Kings Two Bedroom Apartment
- Doubletree By Hilton York
- Barbican House
- Hotel The Grand York
- The Fort Boutique Hostel
- Travelodge York Central
- The Bar Convent
- The White Swan
- Diamonds Villa
- Best Western Burn Hall
- Best Western York Pavilion Hotel
- Dean Court Hotel
- Novotel York Centre
Spa hotels York
Best Bed and Breakfasts York
- Hotels in Leeds 1603 Hotels deals from £29
- Hotels in Harrogate 957 Hotels deals from £47
- Hotels in Scarborough 1641 Hotels deals from £29
- Hotels in Sheffield 1278 Hotels deals from £28
- Hotels in Whitby 2291 Hotels deals from £44
- Hotels in London 61562 Hotels deals from £12
More Top Destinations
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Robin Hood's Bay