Hotels in Whistler, Canada
- Comprehensive hotel search for Whistler online
- Find a cheap hotel in Whistler!
- Book at the ideal price!
Whistler is the home of Canada’s outdoor adventure
The city of Whistler lies a couple of hours north of Vancouver in the Canadian province of British Columbia. Whistler is best known for its world class Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort, the largest in North America, however it is not the only draw to the area. The city is also a busy destination during the summer months, with visitors enjoying the hiking trails as well as an assortment of other outdoor activities. The city is well-equipped to cater to its thousands of tourists and the city centre offers everything guests need from shops to bars and endless entertainment.
Explore the vast area of Whistler Blackcomb
The ski resort of Whistler Blackcomb is truly world renowned and an extremely popular destination for winter sports enthusiasts from across the globe. Split into two areas, Whistler and Blackcomb, the skiable terrain stretches close to 10,000 acres and contains more than 200 individual runs. Plus, with an average snowfall of over 10 metres per year, it is clearly the main focus of the town of Whistler. Being easily accessible from Vancouver further increases its appeal and many visitors to the resort are making day trips up from the bigger city. That said, the city of Whistler is much larger than a typical ski resort and has an abundance of accommodation ranging from budget hostels to grandiose hotels and luxury resorts. Thus, it is also a viable option for a weekend break with many visitors taking advantage of deals which include ski passes and often transport from accommodation to the ski gondolas. The two main gondolas heading up to the mountains are separately located to the south and east of the town centre, but are within walking distance. The gondolas are also open for those not wishing to participate in any snow sports, instead just wishing to enjoy the spectacular views from the top of the mountain.
A thriving city centre
The core of Whistler is referred to as Whistler Village and lies at the south edge of the city, close to the Blackcomb Excalibur Gondola station. It is modelled in the style of a European ski village and is where the majority of the shops, bars and restaurants are located. Visitors are not short for choice when it comes to dining; there is a wide range of international cuisine on offer. Similarly, the bar scene is extensive, with an array of pubs, clubs and bars across the centre. A night on the town is a popular activity after a day on the slopes, although there are also dozens of bars and restaurants up in the mountains as well. Another focal point in the city centre is the Whistler Olympic Plaza, an outdoor performance area which was one of the centre points of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games held in Whistler and Vancouver. Accommodation in the central village district mostly consists of larger properties, including many of the internationally renowned chain hotels that are present in Whistler. These have the added convenience of being close to gondolas and enable visitors to easily explore the city centre on foot.
Not just a winter destination
Over the years, Whistler has continued to spread outwards and as a result much of the accommodation is away from the core village. The area surrounding Green Lake is around three kilometres north of Whistler Village and contains many of the smaller and independent hotel choices. This includes an array of cottages and cabins tucked into the hillsides and the views are usually spectacular, particularly during the snow-covered winter months. By contrast, in the summer months there are several campgrounds open as guests come to enjoy the summer side of Whistler. Whistler Mountain Bike Park provides very popular summer activities, utilising the gondolas and ski lifts. Once the snow has melted, golf is another prime cause for getaways to Whistler. There are several renowned courses in the region, including three at championship standard. More non-snow based sports and adventure can be found further afield into the nature, including fishing, rock-climbing and white-water rafting. Dog-sledding and snowmobile tours offer an alternative to snowboarding or skiing during the winter months.
Lakes and parks in the surrounding areas
The area surrounding Whistler contains even more natural wonders and there are several day trips available for visitors. The Lost Lake Park is situated just to the east of the urban core and is a well-frequented spot throughout the year. The lake itself is a picturesque postcard image with the snow-capped mountains and dense forestry as a backdrop. During the winter, it is home to the best cross-country skiing and snowshoe trails and by summer it is a relaxing spot for picnics and enjoying the sunshine. It is even within walking distance of many of the hotels in Whistler but often feels a world away from the busy built-up centre. Around ten kilometres south along the Sea-to-Sky Highway lies the Brandywine Falls Provincial Park, another natural highlight. Focused around the seventy-metre-high falls, the small park is a popular location particularly when driving between Vancouver and Whistler. The drive itself is an impressive sight with magnificent mountain peaks, several lakes and vast forest areas showcasing exactly what Canada is famous for.
Price rangefrom £38to £930
- Hotel Couples Paradise - Hot Tub Free Parking Viewsdeals from £4
- Hotel The Westin Resort & Spa Whistlerdeals from £83
- Hotel Hilton Whistler Resort & Spadeals from £46
- Hotel Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centredeals from £138
- Hotel Whistler Blackcomb Vr At Town Plazadeals from £72
- Hotel Central Whistler Village Suite - Best Value - Hot Tub & Free Parking & Views!deals from £4
More Top Hotels
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Whistler Village Suites
- Bright Industrial Village Studio in the Heart of Whistler Village
- Pangea Pod Hotel
- Mountainside Lodge - A Shell Vacations Resort
- Whistler Village 1br - Updated, Mountainviews, And Walk To Everything!
- Cascade Lodge - 2-bedroom, Sleeps 6
- Whistler Village Centre by Whiski Jack
- NORTHSTAR AT STONEY CREEK BY WHISKI JACK
- Walk To The Lifts From Your Romantic 1 Bedroom Village Penthouse - Free Parking
- Four Seasons Resort And Residences Whistler
- Spacious And Quiet 2 Br, Minutes From Village, Alta Lake And Golf
- Mountain View Ski In/ski Out Luxury 1 Bedroom Condominium
- Stoney Creek Lagoons 5 - Conveniently located, free parking & wifi
- Ski In - Ski Out! Ground Floor, Renovated, Cozy 1 Bedroom
- Home-style Renovated Cozy Condo Minutes Away From Blackcomb Lift
- Blackcomb Lodge
- 1 Bedroom Townhouse - Private Hot Tub, Outdoor Heated Pool, Free Wifi & Parking
- Glacier Lodge
- Northstar 94 by RedAwning
- Lagoons Townhouse
- Great Location, Great Amenities, Great Comfort, Great Choice!
- Modern Designed Condo, Walking Distance From Chairlift With Mountain View
- Elevate Vacations
- Lost Lake Lodge
- Blackcomb Spring Suites by Clique
- The Fairmont Chateau Whistler
- Whistler Peak Lodge
- Pinnacle Hotel Whistler
- Whistler Village Inn + Suites
- Hotel Whistler Cascade Lodge
- Crystal Lodge
- Aava Whistler Hotel
- Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside
- Aspens Mountain Side
- Fabulous Mountain Views From Every Room! Clean, Renovated. See Rave Reviews!
- Cascade Lodge Studios: 202: 214:311: 314: 325: 414:417: 514: 611:617
- Hotels in Vancouver 5638 Hotels deals from £21
- Hotels in Surrey 820 Hotels deals from £32
- Hotels in Victoria 2888 Hotels deals from £18
- Hotels in Richmond 1165 Hotels deals from £28
- Hotels in Las Vegas 9697 Hotels deals from £14
- Hotels in London 70960 Hotels deals from £12
More Top Destinations
- New York
- San Francisco
- Campbell River
- Los Angeles
- Harrison Hotsprings
- Newcastle upon Tyne