Hotels in Treasure Island, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Treasure Island online
- Find a cheap hotel in Treasure Island!
- Book at the ideal price!
There are real treasures to be discovered on Florida’s Treasure Island
If you recall Robert Louis Stevenson’s adventure tale, Treasure Island; you’ll probably retain a childhood picture of clear blue seas and white sandy beaches. Well, all that and more are here in Florida’s Treasure Island resort. OK, the pirates have all but gone now; replaced by an abundance of accommodation choices, restaurants and holiday fun activities. The weather’s set for fair though and it’s all plain sailing as you climb on board the Hispaniola and head off in the direction, Treasure Island. Landlubbers will gladly note that there are cheap flights too, into several near-neighbouring airports.
Discovering Florida’s Treasure Island
St. Petersburg is a very near neighbour to the Pinellas County based Treasure Island; which is, in fact, a barrier island and one of many in the region. During the mid-1800s, heavy seas created St. John’s Pass and split the Isles of Palms and Capri. In the 1900s and as part of an outrageously irresponsible effort to boost the area’s popularity, some extremely suspect, treasure filled chests were placed – or washed up – on the beach. It worked brilliantly though; the area became known as Treasure Island and its popularity as a fun holiday area escalated from that point. Artificial waterways, man-made land extensions and up-popping apartments, guest houses, motels and hotels; continue to just about keep pace with the visitors’ ongoing fascination with Treasure Island. Bordered by the Gulf of Mexico, there are three miles of white, sandy beaches at Treasure Island. Beach strolls here are augmented further by those along the enthralling Beach Trail. The result is that those memories of your island break will be treasured for many years to come.
If it comes to a swinging, swing all, say I
Those words were – executed - by Captain Billy Bones in the epic tale of Treasure Island. Thankfully, the meaning is entirely different now. Here in Florida the captain is more likely to be heading one of a number of visitor-welcoming golf clubs, where swings are the name of that particular game. There’s a golfing novelty here too and you can try your hand at the really fast-growing offshoot; pickle ball. Deep sea fishing is another popular tourist pursuit and the same day proceeds are there to be found and enjoyed in a number of convivial restaurants that are within easy reach of many hotels on Treasure Island, Fl. Hockey and tennis enthusiasts are also well catered for. For some reason though; lying on the beach, looking out over the Gulf of Mexico and twiddling toes in the soft, white sand is one of the most popular “in-activities” for visitors.
Kids; go, fly your kite on Treasure Island
Many hotels are family-friendly and idyllically located on Treasure Island’s glorious beach. It’s so easy then for kids – and adults – to wander along the vast expanses of white sand and enjoy many happy hours flying their kites. Many of Treasure Island’s hotels also have their own pool, so there’s no shortage of water-based fun things for the family to do together. The Beach trolley is the perfect way to access more of the region’s spectacular beaches; from Madeira Beach to the north and St. Pete’s Beach to the south. It is also only a short drive to the prime resort of St. Petersburg itself, where family attractions include the engrossing Science Center. You won’t need reminding- because the kids will tell you- that there are several great theme parks that are within a short driving distance of Treasure Island. It’s very family orientated here and there’s no shortage of fun things to do. Plus, the best one of all; that fabulous beach, is free.
Life on Treasure Island is eventful
Before it acquired its own character, status and appeal, Treasure Island was just a popular excursion to take for visitors to St. Petersburg. Now it has a life of its own, although covering only approximately five miles, 70% of which is water, there’s an understandable emphasis on beach, sea and outdoor pursuits generally. During the summer and in June, the Jolly Roger black flag of piracy is in evidence as part of re-enacted pirate battles at St. John’s Pass. Fireworks, street performers and live music are regularly presented on the gulf-side beach during July and August. Then, shiver your timbers and with pieces of eight in your pocket, it’s time to witness some really spectacular sunsets, prior to sampling a wee dram in the local hostelries. All within easy reach of many of the resort’s hotels and other accommodations, there’s always a great nightlife to enjoy on Treasure Island, plus lots of welcoming restaurants. There’s always a perfect end to the perfect day.
Price rangefrom £41to £184
- Hotel Treasure Island Ocean Clubdeals from £43
- Hotel Thunderbird Beach Resortdeals from £83
- Hotel Bilmar Beach Resortdeals from £72
- Hotel Hotel Lorelei Resortdeals from £61
- Hotel Affordable Beach Condosdeals from £58
More Top Hotels
- Westwinds Waterfront Resort
- Sand Pebble Resort Treasure Island
- Crystal Palms Beach Resort
- Blue Waters Treasure Island
- Treasure Bay Resort & Marina
- Island Inn Beach Resort
- Sunset Vistas Two Bedroom Beachfront Suites
- The Bayside Inn & Marina
- Tahitian Beach Resort
- Oasis Palms Resort
- Hotel Page Terrace Beachfront
- Normandy Resort
- Malyn Resort
- iBeach Resort
- Beach House
- Nordvind Resort
- Treasure Island Beach Resort
- Beautiful Treasure Island And Directly On Sunset Beach! Location, Location!
- Affordable Beachfront Studio Condo With Private Balcony Facing The Gulf!
- Hot Tub, Waterfront Pool And A Great View From Two Private Balconies.
- Top Floor. Amazing Beachfront View. Quiet And Peaceful Sunset Beach!
- Gorgeous One Bedroom 2Nd Floor Gulf View Of Sunset Beach
- Awesome Location (Efficiency Unit at Sunset Cove)
- Come Make A Snowman Out Of Sand In Warm, Sunny Florida!
- Cozy Cottages On Sunset Beach - Unit East!
- Spectacular Sunset Beach Gulf View 1bd Condo
- Hotels in St. Pete Beach 2009 Hotels deals from £64
- Hotels in Orlando 18795 Hotels deals from £21
- Hotels in Clearwater Beach 1146 Hotels deals from £54
- Hotels in Clearwater 2038 Hotels deals from £26
- Hotels in St. Petersburg 2278 Hotels deals from £38
- Hotels in Madeira Beach 1426 Hotels deals from £74
More Top Destinations
- Redington Shores
- Lake Buena Vista
- Miami Beach
- Indian Rocks Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Bradenton Beach
- Longboat Key
- Key West
- New York
- Holmes Beach
- Palm Harbor
- Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Beach
- Cocoa Beach
- Daytona Beach
- Sanibel Island
- Key Largo
- St. Augustine
- Marco Island
- Pinellas Park
- Tarpon Springs
- Las Vegas
- West Palm Beach
- Vero Beach
- Bonita Springs
- Port Richey
- Boca Raton
- Captiva Island
- Safety Harbor
- Palm Beach