Hotels in St. Petersburg, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for St. Petersburg online
- Find a cheap hotel in St. Petersburg!
- Book at the ideal price!
There’s no rain; only the sun reigns in St. Petersburg
Known in Florida as the Sunshine City, St. Petersburg is constantly breaking sunshine records and regularly clocks up 360+ days per year. The city has natural visitor appeal, with access to glorious white-sand beaches and sublime recreational, entertainment and dining opportunities. St Petersburg is Florida’s fifth most populated city and enjoys a prominent peninsula setting, between Tampa Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Tampa International is the local airport and is approximately 22 miles from the city. It is accessed via the four-mile Sunshine Skyway Bridge; itself one of many breath-taking sensations to experience when visiting St. Petersburg.
Fairy tale sandcastles are not make-believe
The coastal area around St. Petersburg has numerous glorious white-sand beaches stretching some 35 miles. Most can be accessed within half an hour’s travelling time. Some offer more sophisticated amenities than you could possibly need. Others are completely deserted with no noise, other than the sea lapping against the shore. Try as many as you can, is the best advice. Neighbouring Clearwater Beach’s prime features include its own glorious sands and Pier 60 which is open day and night. This is a fisherman’s dream with the many surrounding lights luring fish to Captain Hook. There is also a superb playground for kids. The Saint Pete Beach is very laid back and lined with popular beachside hotels. The most prominent one is The Pink Palace which is, in fact, the legendary Loews Don CeSar Hotel. There’s a feeling of Old Florida at Pass-a-Grille and families love the play and picnic areas and water sports at Fort De Soto. Less noisy are the undeveloped beaches of Caladesi Island; an area accessed only by boat and simply idyllic.
Getting to know St. Petersburg, Fl
The fact that in 1892, St. Petersburg’s recorded population was approximately 300 and today it is in excess of 250,000 indicates its fast-rising popularity and accompanying services. Bridging the Tampa Bay nicely is the Sunshine Skyway Bridge; 4 miles long and 19 storeys high, it is one of the world’s largest suspension bridges. The city’s waterfront park is one of the largest in the USA and is almost as impressive as the Bridge. St. Petersburg’s water reclamation scheme is also one of the world’s largest and processes in excess of 20 million gallons every day. You’ll note the huge number of pet dogs; the population loves its animals; just as the visitor loves St. Petersburg. It is named after St. Petersburg in Russia. There is a good public transport system that covers the entire Pinellas County. Sightseers can do no better than use The Looper trolley. These prime attractions indicate that there’s more to St. Petersburg than beaches, sea and sunsets.
After dinner entertainment in St. Petersburg
Outdoor markets are a year-round feature, as well as music and other attractions. Many are designed for children. The annual St. Pete Food and Wine Festival is a happy choice for wine, beer and food tastings. St. Petersburg’s eclectic range of bars, cafes and restaurants caters for all dining preferences. Given the proximity to the ocean, wherever you go, you’ll witness a mouth-watering emphasis on freshly caught fish and seafood dishes; but this is only one speciality feature of the menu on offer. The downtown district is excellent for restaurant choices, but you are just as likely to find your perfect meal in a beachside café. If you are self-catering in apartment accommodation, there are numerous stores and delis. The 100-year-old Sunken Gardens is in the city centre and is a paradise of tropical plants. Cinema attractions in 3D are presented at Muvico Sundial. The Mahaffey Theater and State Theater stage live productions and concerts. In Clearwater, just down the road, the Ruth Eckerd Hall is another live performance venue.
An accommodating place
Glorious beaches, water sports and casual dining are among the region’s varied attractions. Neighbouring Clearwater has lots of new hotels and a natural beach which is particularly popular with the young set. St. Petersburg on the other hand is more laid back. It appeals to families with attractions such as Treasure Island proving to be an ideal diversion. Treasure Island is a real voyage of discovery and is high on the area’s imaginative list of things to do. So, is it to be St. Petersburg or Clearwater? Both locations are spectacular and wherever you choose, that wall to wall sunshine will always bring a smile to the visitor’s pallid face. Then there is the all-important question of accommodation to consider. The area has a number of camping and RV sites, some of which are virtually on the beach. Budget-crunching visitors may, though, opt for one of the reasonably priced guest houses in the region. The ultimate beachfront accommodation category has a number of inviting options, including the landmark Pink Palace.
Price rangefrom £38to £1,993
- Hotel The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Clubdeals from £135
- Hotel The Don CeSardeals from £137
- Hotel Days Inn St Petersburg Northdeals from £36
- Hotel Magnuson Hotel Marina Covedeals from £56
- Hotel Hilton St Petersburg Bayfrontdeals from £100
More Top Hotels
- Comfort Inn North
- Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown
- The Ponce De Leon Hotel
- Hotel Hollander
- Red Roof Inn Tampa Bay - St Petersburg
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275
- Hampton Inn & Suites St Petersburg Downtown
- Hotel Watergarden Inn at the Bay
- Knights Inn Saint Petersburg Tropicana
- Hotel Hilton St. Petersburg Carillon Park
- La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast
- Boca Ciega Resort
- Coconut Villas
- Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast Gateway
- Budget Inn St Petersburg
- Palms Of Treasure Island
- Cozy Palms Studio: 4.3 miles to the Beach in the Middle of Everything!
- Beach Vacation Get-Away
- Amazing Waterfront Condominium At Boca Ciega Resort
- Huge Summer Discouts !!
- Watch Dolphins From The Balcony! Fully Equipped. Hot Tub And Pool.
- Cool Retro Trailer Minutes From Downtown St.pete
- Boca Ciega Resort 313 Charming One Bedroom On The Water At Boca Ciega Resort And Marina
- Mad Beach Bungalows! Old School Florida Beach Living! Newly Redecorated
- Hotels in St. Pete Beach 2003 Hotels deals from £64
- Hotels in Orlando 18691 Hotels deals from £21
- Hotels in Clearwater Beach 1131 Hotels deals from £54
- Hotels in Clearwater 2033 Hotels deals from £26
- Hotels in Treasure Island 1614 Hotels deals from £41
- Hotels in Tampa 3055 Hotels deals from £29
More Top Destinations
- Lake Buena Vista
- Miami Beach
- Madeira Beach
- Redington Shores
- Indian Rocks Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Longboat Key
- Bradenton Beach
- Key West
- New York
- Palm Harbor
- Holmes Beach
- Fort Myers
- Cocoa Beach
- Fort Myers Beach
- Pinellas Park
- Daytona Beach
- Sanibel Island
- Key Largo
- St. Augustine
- Marco Island
- Tarpon Springs
- Las Vegas
- Vero Beach
- Safety Harbor
- West Palm Beach
- Port Richey
- Bonita Springs
- Boca Raton
- Captiva Island
- Temple Terrace