Hotels in Salt Lake City, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Salt Lake City online
- Find a cheap hotel in Salt Lake City!
- Book at the ideal price!
From Mormons to Mountains - It’s Salt Lake City
Utah’s capital, home to the headquarters of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and former host of the Winter Olympics, Salt Lake City has plenty to shout about. This high-elevation capital offers numerous opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors but those visitors who prefer to take life at a more leisurely pace will find plenty to make their trip enjoyable. Stay in a B&B, stay in a hotel, or stay in one of the city’s world-class ski resorts. Just be sure to stay for a while.
Winter is a busy time for Salt Lake City. Its stunning mountainous surroundings provide the perfect setting to enjoy classic powder skiing and snowboarding. During the colder months, many visitors choose to bypass the city hotels and head straight to a traditional mountain lodge. Once unpacked, you’ll find world-famous ski resorts such as Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, and Solitude on your doorstep, each one opening around the end of November. There are courses and runs to suit every experience level and if you’re a complete beginner, there are several ski schools where you can learn the ropes before you hit the slopes. Each resort has its own unique selling point - the Solitude Mountain Resort offers great views of the Wasatch Mountains while Snowbird is renowned for its après ski activities. The good thing is that all the resorts are within a short drive of each other, so there’s really nothing stopping you from enjoying them all in one trip.
During the summer, the powdery paradise starts to disappear but there’s no need to fret as in its place it leaves lush landscape and acres of incredible terrain that beg to be explored. Away from the mountains you can explore the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. This mixed-use recreation trail, which will one day stretch over 280 miles from Nephi to Idaho, provides a great opportunity for visitors to enjoy the great outdoors. For now, you can pick up the trail in City Creek Canyon Road and follow it to Parley’s Canyon. Also just outside the city is one of the most popular outdoor destinations in Utah, Fifth Water Hot Springs. This hike is fairly demanding but those who complete the challenge are rewarded with the chance to soothe their legs in naturally heated pools. If you don’t have time for a hike, green spaces such as Tracy Aviary and Liberty Park are easily accessible just south of downtown.
Arts and Culture in SLC
Not every trip to Salt Lake City must feature non-stop sporting action from the moment you arrive. It’s entirely possible to spend time in SLC at a much slower pace. Most visitors to the city will have a trip to the world-famous Temple Square on their bucket list. There’s certainly plenty to discover on this 35-acre site but highlights include tours of the Beehive House and performances by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. The nearby Pioneer Memorial Museum is also a must for budding historians. If you fancy something a little different, head to Gilgal, a ‘secret’ garden at East 500 South which is chock full of engravings and stone carved sculptures either carved or curated by a Mormon bishop. In the evening, you might catch a show at the five-storey Tower Theatre, a local icon since 1921. During the summer months, watch out for live concerts or showing of Sundance films at Red Butte Gardens near the University of Utah.
Shopping and Dining
America’s first department store opened in Salt Lake City back in 1968 so it should come as little surprise that the city is a great place to enjoy a dose of retail therapy. Explore the antique stores and speciality shops in and around Main Street or pick up some bargains at vast shopping malls such as the Shops at South Town and the award-winning City Creek Centre, the latter featuring a retractable glass roof and regular fountain shows alongside its stores. For foodies, Salt Lake City holds equal appeal. Visitors can relax in coffee shops, craft breweries, and bars along the former Whiskey Street, dine in style at upmarket four-diamond restaurants, or head to the mountains to savour the spoils at long standing local haunts. SLC is also a great place to combine culture and dining, with many local businesses offering dinner theatre experiences.
Just when you think you’ve seen all there is to see in Salt Lake City, this city surprises and delights with even more for you to enjoy. Additional ideas for your itinerary include visits to the Clark Planetarium, Utah’s Hogle Zoo, the Fort Douglas Military Museum, and Cathedral of the Madeleine. If you’re willing to explore a little further afield, trips to the casinos in Wendover, Nevada and journeys along the Heber Valley Historic Railroad come into play. Tours for both attractions can be easily arranged within the city limits. There’s certainly plenty for the whole family to enjoy in and around Salt Lake City. The only problem you might have is deciding what to do first.
Price rangefrom £32to £1,173
- Hotel HomeTowne Studios Salt Lake City - Mid Valleydeals from £37
- Hotel The Little America Hoteldeals from £70
- Hotel Baymont Inn And Suites Murray Salt Lake Citydeals from £39
- Hotel Metropolitan Inndeals from £39
- Hotel DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Downtowndeals from £63
- Hotel Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City-West Jordandeals from £65
More Top Hotels
- MainStay Suites Salt Lake City - Fort Union
- Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Downtown
- The Grand America Hotel
- Quality Inn & Suites Murray - Salt Lake City South
- Home2Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City East
- Quality Inn Downtown Salt Lake City
- Tru By Hilton Salt Lake City Airport, Ut
- Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Cottonwood Ut
- Salt Lake Plaza Hotel At Temple Square
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City-Downtown
- Comfort Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
- Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple
- Hotel RL Salt Lake City
- Candlewood Suites Salt Lake City-Airport
- RADISSON HOTEL SALT LAKE CITY AIRPORT
- Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport
- La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City West
- Hilton Salt Lake City Center
- Hotel Econo Lodge Downtown Salt Lake City
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Downtown
- Hotel Sleep Inn Salt Lake City
- Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport
- Residence Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City Downtown
- Ellerbeck Mansion
- Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
- Radisson Hotel Downtown Salt Lake City
- Motel 6 Salt Lake City Downtown
- Comfort Inn Downtown
- Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites Salt Lake City
- Engen Hus
- Pony Express RV Resort
- Salt Lake Inn
- Park City Hostel
- Mountain Valley Lodge And Rv Park
- Welcome 2 Utah W/free Massagers+ Snowshoe Rental Sleeps 4, Trax Airport To Us!
- Hotels in Las Vegas 8139 Hotels deals from £14
- Hotels in Park City 10584 Hotels deals from £47
- Hotels in New York 16533 Hotels deals from £30
- Hotels in San Francisco 6010 Hotels deals from £24
- Hotels in London 64917 Hotels deals from £12
- Hotels in Los Angeles 16101 Hotels deals from £22
More Top Destinations
- West Jordan
- San Diego
- Bryce Canyon City
- Santa Monica
- Miami Beach
- Palm Springs
- Santa Barbara
- Newcastle upon Tyne