Hotels in Lubbock, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Lubbock online
- Find a cheap hotel in Lubbock!
- Book at the ideal price!
Lubbock, USA: West Texas' Hub City
Lubbock, Texas is known as the “Hub City”, due to it being the largest centre in the north-western part of the state. It is also the agricultural and commercial hub of the region as a whole, as much of the business that goes on in Texas' plains region travels through Lubbock.
Visitors to West Texas will surely find themselves in Lubbock at some point and might find themselves exploring Texas Tech University or taking part in the region's growing wine scene. No matter why guests travel to this part of the world, they are sure to find something to keep them occupied in this uniquely Texan city.
Festivals and Events
Many annual events take place in Lubbock, TX, starting with the Lubbock Arts Festival. This festival typically attracts close to 30,000 people to the city and is the largest event of its type in the region. Other cultural festivals in the area include Fiestas del Llano, which celebrates the city's Hispanic roots, and the National Cowboy Symposium, which can bring in as many as 50,000 cowboy enthusiasts. Hotels in the city can be scarce during these festivals, making it a good idea to book early.
The rapidly growing wine scene in Lubbock has made way for the annual Wines and Vines Festival, an event that highlights the many small wineries in the region. On Independence Day, 4th on Broadway blocks the streets of downtown and turns the entire city into the state's largest free festival. The Panhandle-South Plains Fair is a nine-day event in September that features a midway, concerts, and Texas-style cuisine.
History and Museums
Some great historical venues sit throughout Lubbock. The National Ranching Heritage Center is one of the more popular, as it is a 19-acre park and museum that offers a glimpse into how life was in TX during the old west period. Old ranching structures stand to this day and staff is on-site to provide more information on the history of Lubbock and its surrounding area. The park has plenty of parking, making it easy to reach from the city's hotels.
Lubbock is famously the home of rock and roll icon Buddy Holly, and the Buddy Holly Center pays homage not only to this music legend but also to other local musicians. The Silent Wings Museum is located at an old airport and remembers the glider pilots who trained in the region during the Second World War. Other local museums include the American Museum of Agriculture and the American Wind Power Center.
Parks and the Outdoors
Approximately75 parks sit throughout Lubbock, including Clapp Park, Maxey Park, and Huneke Park. At Clapp Park, visitors will find an indoor garden and arts centre, while Maxey Park is home to a large playground, a lake, and the Kinetic Wind Sculpture. Huneke Park features a large monument called the Lubbock War Memorial that has been dedicated to the city's veterans.
For something a little livelier, Joyland Amusement Park sits just east of downtown Lubbock. This park, while small compared to those found in larger centres, features three roller coasters, water slides, and over 30 rides in total. There is also a tram line that makes it easy to travel around the park. It is possible to walk to the park from some downtown hotels, but finding some alternative transportation is recommended.
Boutiques and Antiques
While visitors will never confuse Lubbock for Los Angeles or New York when it comes to shopping, the city does have a scene that is unique to this part of Texas. For starters, plenty of antique shops are scattered around the town and particularly at Grand Central Station Antique Mall and the Antique Mall of Lubbock. These antique stores are quite large, so plan to spend a few hours unearthing hidden gems.
When shopping for local crafts and goods, The Downtown Art Market, the Lubbock Downtown Farmers Market, and the West End Farmers Market are safe bets. Each of these locations offers plenty to keep visitors occupied for hours. Boutique shops are located along 82nd Street and Quaker Avenue, which are a fair distance from the downtown area. South Plains Mall also offers some shopping opportunities.
The Depot District
In downtown Lubbock sits The Depot District, the city's primary entertainment area. This part of the city is full of art galleries, restaurants, bars, and nightclubs, so it makes a fun place to check out during the day or night. While the area isn't overly large, visitors can spend their time wandering and are sure to find something to do.
Keep in mind that The Depot District does become extremely busy while Texas Tech University is in session and, therefore, it isn't the place for families at night during the school months. Those who want to stay in The Depot District while in Lubbock, however, will have no difficulty finding hotels within walking distance.
Price rangefrom £38to £167
- Hotel Wingate By Wyndham Lubbockdeals from £48
- Hotel Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbockdeals from £39
- Hotel Quality Inn & Suites Lubbockdeals from £32
- Hotel Sleep Inn & Suites Lubbockdeals from £48
- Hotel Americas Best Value Inn Medical Center Lubbockdeals from £48
- Hotel Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lubbock, TXdeals from £52
More Top Hotels
- Comfort Suites Lubbock
- Motel 6 Lubbock
- Americas Best Value Inn Lubbock
- La Quinta Inn Lubbock - Downtown Civic Center
- Microtel Inn And Suites By Wyndham Lubbock
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock South
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock
- Arbor & Conference Center
- Howard Johnson Lubbock TX
- Courtyard Lubbock
- Tru By Hilton Lubbock Southwest
- Country Inn & Suites By Radisson, Lubbock Southwest, Tx
- My Place Hotel - Lubbock, TX
- Days Inn Lubbock South
- Staybridge Suites Lubbock
- MCM Eleganté Hotel & Suites
- Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock West Medical Center
- Studio 6 Lubbock TX
- Super 8 Lubbock
- Woodrow House Bed and Breakfast
- Value Place Lubbock South
- Overton Hotel & Conference Center
- Hotel Quality Inn & Suites Lubbock
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lubbock West
- Baymont Inn & Suites Lubbock
- Hyatt Place Lubbock
- Best Western Plus Tech Medical Center Inn
- Hilton Garden Inn Lubbock
- Scottish Inns And Suites Lubbock
- Comfort Suites University
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest
- Hotels in Las Vegas 8116 Hotels deals from £14
- Hotels in New York 16509 Hotels deals from £30
- Hotels in London 64885 Hotels deals from £12
- Hotels in Dallas 4632 Hotels deals from £28
- Hotels in Orlando 19377 Hotels deals from £20
- Hotels in Austin 4617 Hotels deals from £20
More Top Destinations
- San Francisco
- San Antonio
- Los Angeles
- Miami Beach
- Fort Worth
- San Diego
- New Orleans
- Lake Buena Vista
- Washington D.C.
- Santa Monica
- Fort Lauderdale
- Newcastle upon Tyne