Hotels in London, United Kingdom
- Comprehensive hotel search for London online
- Find a cheap hotel in London!
- Book at the ideal price!
Where to Stay in London: Your Questions Answered
London is one of the world’s most important and dynamic cities, teeming with nightlife, shopping, history, and business opportunities. London is perfect for either a short city break to see the sights, or a longer holiday where you can explore the character of its many varied neighbourhoods.
Where to stay in London to find a cheap hotel deal?
For such a large city it can be difficult to know where to stay, but the extensive public transport system means that almost everywhere is accessible. The more flexibility you have on where you want to stay, the more likely you are to be able to find a cheap deal, so it’s best to outline yourself a choice of neighbourhoods and compare prices.
The very centre of London, or Zone 1 if you are thinking in terms of a tube-map, is the most expensive for hotels but that is not to say you won’t get lucky. If you choose to stay in central London then all the top attractions such as Big Ben, The Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, The Shard and Covent Garden are all either within walking distance or just a couple of stops on the underground.
For more budget hotel options, you are better off looking into Zones 2 and 3, which lie a little further from the city centre and take around 15-20 minutes to reach the heart of the city. This is definitely a good option for anyone travelling in a group or with a family, as making your way to and from your hotel is still relatively easy but the hotel prices tend to be a bit more affordable.
Where to stay if I’m flying from Heathrow Airport?
Arriving in London, the largest airport is London Heathrow which is connected via tube to the rest of London, so choosing a hotel close to any of the stops along the Piccadilly Line is the fastest and most cost-effective way to reach the airport from the city.
Where to stay in London if I’m flying from Gatwick Airport?
For those flying from Gatwick, the Gatwick Express is the best link between the airport and Victoria Station in central London, so if you have an early morning flight out of London it is best to book a hotel near the Victoria district.
Where to stay in London for a business trip?
If you are in London on business then you’ll find a plethora of business hotels in the East of London, towards the business-minded district of Canary Wharf and Greenwich where you will also have easy access to the Excel Trade Fair and Exhibition centre and London’s O2 Arena.
Where to stay in London for a romantic city break?
Romantic city breaks in London, often involve strolls around Hyde Park, gourmet food in Mayfair and shopping along Oxford Street and Bond Street. There are a lot of gorgeous luxury hotels in places like Knightsbridge (round the corner from Harrods), Kensington, Fitzrovia, Mayfair and along Park Lane. These are super central locations and make it easy to explore London on foot. For less pricey options, you can always opt for a boutique hotel around Bloomsbury, King’s Cross or in the fashionable West London neighbourhood of Chelsea.
Where to stay in London if I’m seeing a show?
If you are catching a show in London’s West End and don’t want to have to travel too far to get back to your hotel late at night, then there are plenty of hotels around Soho, Leicester Square, and Covent Garden that are all within easy walking distance of most of London’s main theatre venues.
Where to stay in London if I have kids?
London makes for a charming family break, with something to please everyone. If you are travelling with young children then perhaps choosing a hotel around the leafy suburbs of South Kensington would suit best. From here you are just minutes away from Dippy the Dinosaur at the Natural History Museum, the weird and wonderful exhibitions at The Science Museum, and fairy tale costumes of the V&A. All London galleries and museums are completely free, so it’s worth popping in for a quick look, before continuing your sight-seeing tour.
When is the best time to visit London?
London is popular all year round, whether you are hoping for sunshine in the summer - never a guarantee, or hedging your bets and simply opting for a frosty winter-time London filled with Christmas lights and markets along The Southbank, either way you will definitely have a good time.
Book in advance to secure your first choice of hotel as London hotels can book up quickly, but if you’re flexible then a last-minute deal is always possible as there are so many hotels to choose from.
Aside from Christmas and Easter which are always expensive times to travel, the UK has a few extra holidays that can see a slight rise in hotel prices. One of these is Guy Fawkes Night or Fireworks Night which is every year on November 5th and sees the entire country engage in lively firework displays. Additionally, the public holidays on the first weekend of May and the bank holiday weekend in August (the last weekend of the month) are popular times for travelling and therefore slightly pricier.
Price rangefrom £12to £12,466
- Hotel Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) hoteldeals from £131
- Hotel Large studio apartment with free wifi, London W3.deals from £68
- Hotel Premier Inn London Wembley Park hoteldeals from £62
- Hotel The Old Bakery London, The Cottagedeals from £5
- Hotel Premier Inn London Kings Crossdeals from £108
- Hotel The Ship Inndeals from £52
More Top Hotels
- Hotel London Elizabeth
- Meliá White House Apartments
- Hotel ibis Styles London Leyton
- Londres: Appartement - Mast Quay
- Restup London
- Historic Apt 1bed/1bath - 2 Min Walk To Canada Water Tube Station
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside
- The Imperial Hotel
- Highbury - great secure location, easy access to City and West End.
- LSE High Holborn
- Hotel Henry VIII
- Hilton London Wembley
- Apple Apartments Limehouse
- St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel
- Hotel Pembridge Palace
- Hotel Brindle House
- The Dome Hyde Park
- Stamford Street Apartments
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London Tower of London
- Novotel London Wembley Hotel
- Rushmore Hotel
- The President Hotel
- St Vincent House London
- Hotel Imperial College Beit Hall
- Hilton London Kensington
- Comfort Inn Hyde Park
- Hilton London Metropole
- Hotel Thistle City Barbican
- ibis budget London Whitechapel
- The Queens Park
- Imperial Court Studios
- Quintessential Mews Flat
- Victoria Station
- Hotel Norfolk Plaza
- Premier Inn London Tower Bridge
- Great Dover Street Apartments
- easyHotel London City Shoreditch
- Penthouse Apartment With Large Roof Terrace
- DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich
- The County
- Abbey Court Hotel
- OYO Dean Court
Spa hotels London
Best Bed and Breakfasts London
- Hotels in Heathrow 100 Hotels deals from £32
- Hotels in Croydon 692 Hotels deals from £52
- Hotels in Hounslow 539 Hotels deals from £32
- Hotels in Kingston upon Thames 103 Hotels deals from £54
- Hotels in Richmond-upon-Thames 217 Hotels deals from £61
- Hotels in Harrow 229 Hotels deals from £38
More Top Destinations
- Milton Keynes
- West Thurrock