Hotels in Lake Charles, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Lake Charles online
- Find a cheap hotel in Lake Charles!
- Book at the ideal price!
Louisiana’s Finest - It’s Lake Charles
Located on the banks of the Calcasieu River in Louisiana’s southwest, Lake Charles is an animated city where visitors can look forward to an enticing blend of outdoor adventure, family fun, and delicious dining, all set against a backdrop of historical architecture and rhythm and blues music. Accommodation options range from budget-friendly B&Bs to smart hotels with in-house casinos. Choose your favourite then dig right into this fascinating city.
Lake Charles is not the kind of city that inspires anyone to stay indoors. Outdoor adventures come as part of the package here. An obvious highlight is Sam Houston State Jones Park, where kayaking and hiking through 1,000 acres of forest are among the available activities. The Creole Nature Trail All-American Road should also feature on your Lake Charles bucket list; not only is this trail teeming with wildlife, it also encompasses more than 25 miles of beautiful Gulf of Mexico beaches. Round off your adventures with an exhilarating eco-tour through the marshes and waterways that surround the city. If all this is a little too wild for your tastes, tamer offerings in the area include crabbing in the Hog Island and West Cove Recreation Areas and bike tours of the downtown district.
Pack your appetite; Lake Charles knows how to tempt anyone to break their diet. Tradition features heavily on the menu, not least along the Southwest Louisiana Boudin Trail where hungry guests can sample this Creole staple at any one of more than 30 mom and pop markets and grocery stores. Spice things up a little by opting for a boudin quesadilla, a fusion of Cajun and Mexican cuisine that you’ll want to try again and again. If you fancy a change, be sure to stop in at Tony’s Pizza on East Prien Lake Road; they’ve been serving up slices of deliciousness since 1968. Wash it all down with a margarita from Casa Manana, an area stalwart since 1976, or a traditional tipple from Bayou Rum, America’s largest private rum distillery.
The heritage of Southwest Louisiana begs to be explored and nowhere is it as fascinating as in Lake Charles. This is a city that counts pirates, cowboys, Cajuns, Creoles, and Pioneers among its forefathers. Start your exploration in the National Register-listed Charpentier Historic District; self-guided tour maps available from the Visitors Bureau on North Lakeshore Drive help tell the story of the area’s distinct neighbourhoods. Leave time for an eerie ghost tour if you dare. The Museum District offers additional highlights for anyone interested in the area’s cultural past; the eight museums here include the Black Heritage Gallery, the Imperial Calcasieu Museum, and the DeQuincy Railroad Museum. Round off your experience with a look at the South’s largest collection of Mardi Gras costumes at the Mardi Gras Museum.
Lake Charles has a reputation for being extremely family orientated and you certainly won’t find yourself short of ways to enjoy some quality time with your loved ones. Most of the activities already highlighted - except for the margaritas and rum, of course - will have the kids raring to go but don’t stop there. Younger guests can explore the Children’s Museum or try the hands-on activities at Creole Nature Trail Adventure Point. And if they just want to be outside enjoying the sunshine, there are more than 15 beautiful parks where they can do just that. Keep a close eye on the city’s event calendar too; many of the 75 annual fairs and festivals are suitable for the whole family to enjoy. Aside from Louisiana’s second-largest Mardi Gras festival, events to watch out for include Louisiana Pirate Days and the Westlake Family Fun & Food Festival (both held late Spring/early Summer).
Adventure packed days turn into fun filled nights in Lake Charles. It shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise to learn that this city likes to party. If you’ve left the kids at home, be sure to check out the area’s nightlife; you won’t be disappointed. Kick things off by sampling one of the craft beers served up at Rikenjaks Brewing Company on Ryan Street, Southwest Louisiana’s only microbrewery, then keep things moving at one of the local happy hours; you’ll find literally dozens that last as long as four hours. All this will set you up nicely to while away the rest of the night on a dance floor. There are many venues serving up live entertainment but if your feet can’t take another step, there are several casinos that will invite you to pull up a chair. Heck, there might even be one at your hotel.
Price rangefrom £35to £149
- Hotel Golden Nugget Lake Charlesdeals from £86
- Hotel Hotel L'Auberge Lake Charlesdeals from £82
- Hotel Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Charles South Casino Areadeals from £54
- Hotel Best Western Richmond Suitesdeals from £44
- Hotel Inn At The Isledeals from £52
More Top Hotels
- Super 8 Lake Charles Sulphur
- WoodSpring Suites Lake Charles
- Studio 6 Lake Charles, La
- Residence Inn Lake Charles
- Courtyard Lake Charles
- Super 8 Lake Charles Northeast
- New Luxury Camps With Incredile Waterviews!
- Candlewood Suites Lake Charles South
- Wingate by Wyndham Lake Charles Casino Area
- Sunrise Inn
- Motel 6 Lake Charles On The Bayou
- Hotel Days Inn Lake Charles
- Staybridge Suites By Holiday Inn-Lake Charles South
- Deluxe Inn Motel
- Towneplace Suites Lake Charles
- Holiday Inn Lake Charles South
- Quality Inn & Suites Lake Charles
- Mainstay Suites Hackberry Sportsmans Lodge
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Lake Charles - Lake Street
- Americas Best Inn & Suites Lake Charles
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Charles
- Quality Inn & Suites Lake Charles
- Howard Johnson Inn - Historic Lake Charles
- Comfort Suites Lake Charles
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Lake Charles
- Springhill Suites Lake Charles
- Best Western Plus Prien Lake Inn & Suites
- Tru By Hilton Lake Charles La
- Hotels in New Orleans 9184 Hotels deals from £24
- Hotels in New York 16578 Hotels deals from £30
- Hotels in Orlando 19688 Hotels deals from £20
- Hotels in Las Vegas 8149 Hotels deals from £14
- Hotels in London 65008 Hotels deals from £12
- Hotels in Houston 6444 Hotels deals from £18
More Top Destinations
- Miami Beach
- Lake Buena Vista
- San Francisco
- Fort Lauderdale
- Los Angeles
- Washington D.C.
- Key West
- Clearwater Beach
- San Diego
- St. Pete Beach