Hotels in Grand Rapids, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Grand Rapids online
- Find a cheap hotel in Grand Rapids!
- Book at the ideal price!
There are waterfalls of beer in Grand Rapids, USA
The complete lack of tumbling water in Grand Rapids is the only possible disappointment to be experienced in this diverse and exciting city. Situated on the Grand River and to the east of Lake Michigan; one of Grand Rapids’ claims to fame is that it was the boyhood home of USA President, Gerald Ford. There’s certainly no rapid decline - in things for the visitor to do and enjoy. Beautiful gardens, museums, sporting venues, theatres, restaurants and bars; are all here in abundant supply. So too are breweries; 40+ at the last count. You won’t miss the waterfalls at all in Grand Rapids.
Cheers for Grand Rapids, Mi; also known as Beer City
It didn’t overtax the imagination for the locals to nickname Grand Rapids as Beer City. The near obsession with all things brewery-linked is well evidenced by the Beer City packages offered by many of the city’s hotels. There is an astounding … staggering … number of breweries to investigate in this relatively small area, but Grand Rapids has far more to offer than just booze. The downtown area is the place to head to for great restaurants, bars and nightlife. There are also some quality hotels and guesthouses here too. Must see attractions include the ultra-modern Van Andel Arena; home to the Griffins hockey and Rampage football teams. Concerts and ice shows are also staged in this venue. Then, there’s the Grand Rapids Symphony Orchestra which strikes up tunefully for popular, regular concerts. Additional entertainment venues in the city include stadium-type attractions at Celebration and films and more live shows at the Wealthy and Civic Theatres.
Traversing the areas around Grand Rapids, Mi
Grand Rapids has some very distinctive districts. Downtown is full of hotels and is a very happening place. Next door, the development of housing and style over the decades is crystallised at Heritage Hill; so much so that the USA’s Planning Association has classed it as being one of the Great Places in America. Back in downtown and the district is swamped with hotels, restaurants and an endless supply of beer-serving bars. Children will love the city’s Children’s Museum and John Ball Zoo. Frank Lloyd Wright’s Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park will astound all age groups. There are movies at Cinema North, with nearby restaurants supplying a great supporting attraction. A brilliant sightseeing day out is a visit to Traverse City. Arguably, the Most Beautiful Place in America; it sits by the blue waters of Lake Michigan and offers the ultimate in adventure and relaxation. Then, it’s back to your Grand Rapids hotel … and maybe another relaxing beer.
Become a Star Wars Sky Walker in Grand Rapids
The Sky Walk/Sky Way is a wonderful Michigan feature. It provides a fabulous way to discover the city of Grand Rapids in heated, covered and air-conditioned comfort. There are also useful links to a number of downtown hotels, restaurants, offices, conference venues and to the Van Andel Arena. Downsides include that you head in your chosen direction, but miss out on some of the city’s great in-between features. Visitors and tourists are also mystified by the directional colour coding that is used. These niggles, though, are outweighed by significant pluses. Rain and cold don’t apply as you meander your way to across the city and the walls en-route are festooned with creative and inspiring artwork. More important is that you are able to access many areas in Grand Rapids without worrying about transport and weather conditions. Remember also; as a Sky Walker … once you have tasted the taste of sky you will forever look up!
Even the Michigan Sky Walker needs somewhere to stay
Unbelievable as it may seem; there are far more hotels than breweries and they are to be found in all districts of Grand Rapids. Generally, the up-market end of the hotel market is to be found in the downtown district. You can only generalise of course but, slightly southwest of downtown is where you’ll find a great selection of mid-range hotel accommodation. Some of them have a kitchen and self-catering facility. East of downtown and closer to the airport, there are some enticing budget-crunching solutions. Once you’ve found your ideal clean room and comfy bed; dining and drinking are high on the menu. Choices are truly impressive. Once again, this downtown district scores highly. Heaven on earth solutions include beer and cider brewing places that also serve up good wholesome food. Can life get any better? There may be no dramatic waterfall-rapids in Grand Rapids, but the city is flooded with great restaurants, hotels and entertainment venues.
Price rangefrom £28to £244
- Hotel Days Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Near Downtowndeals from £53
- Hotel Amway Grand Plazadeals from £153
- Hotel Candlewood Suites Grand Rapids Airportdeals from £80
- Hotel Tru By Hilton Grand Rapids, Mideals from £4
- Hotel Embassy Suites Grand Rapids Downtown,mideals from £4
More Top Hotels
- Grand Rapids Inn
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Grand Rapids - Airport North
- Hotel Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids
- The Grand River Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Grand Rapids/Downtown
- JW Marriott Grand Rapids
- Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Downtown
- Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Grand Rapids - South
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
- SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
- Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids - Airport
- Motel 6 Grand Rapids Airport
- Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
- Clarion Inn & Suites Airport Grand Rapids
- Comfort Suites South Grand Rapids
- Hilton Garden Inn Grand Rapids Airport
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI
- Hampton Inn Grand Rapids North
- Residence Inn by Marriott Grand Rapids Airport
- Econo Lodge & Suites Grand Rapids
- DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Rapids Airport
- Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport
- Quality Inn Grand Rapids
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids
- Hotel Red Roof Inn Grand Rapids Airport
- Sleep Inn & Suites Grand Rapids
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Grand Rapids MI
- Travelodge Grand Rapids
- Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Walker - Grand Rapids North
- Prairieside Suites
- Motel 6 Grand Rapids
- City Flats
- The Grand River , An Ascend Collection Member
- Lake House Gem! Minutes From The Heart Of Grand Rapids!
- Hotels in New York 15795 Hotels deals from £30
- Hotels in Chicago 6817 Hotels deals from £28
- Hotels in London 62496 Hotels deals from £12
- Hotels in Orlando 18495 Hotels deals from £21
- Hotels in Las Vegas 7845 Hotels deals from £14
- Hotels in Dundee 24 Hotels deals from £43
More Top Destinations
- Washington D.C.
- Miami Beach
- San Francisco
- Niagara Falls
- Lake Buena Vista
- Los Angeles
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- New Orleans
- Fort Lauderdale