Hotels in Falmouth, United Kingdom
- Comprehensive hotel search for Falmouth online
- Find a cheap hotel in Falmouth!
- Book at the ideal price!
Falmouth, a picturesque town by the seaside
Lying peacefully on the south coast of Cornwall, the town of Falmouth offers visitors some of the prettiest landscapes in the United Kingdom. With a relatively small population, this town is anything but sleepy. A wide range of activities are made available year-round due to the unique location of the town. Falmouth is centred around a deep harbour, known for its rich maritime history. Unspoilt white sand beaches, museums, and a diversely aged population make Falmouth a perfect destination for families. There are plenty of hotels and guest houses that are within close walking distance to many of the town’s attractions.
How about some fresh air and a day of activities?
If you don’t like the idea of sitting in your hotel room wondering what to do, there’s no need to worry about your time in Falmouth. Many of the activities on offer in this town are water orientated. However, there are also plenty of fun-filled activities that will keep you dry on land. The beach is certainly one of the most popular places to relax and enjoy the outdoors. From ship watching on Swanpool Beach to swimming in rock pools on Castle Beach, it is not difficult to find yourself spending hours in the sun. Gyllyngvase Beach offers a variety of water sports including paddling. This award-winning Blue Flag status beach is situated just 15 minutes away from the town centre by foot and is perfect for a sunset walk.
Falmouth offers some of the best boat rides on the River Fal, making it ideal for exploring its natural bends and beauty. Catching a ferry to St Mawes is also possible, while a short trip to Helford will certainly expose you to some breath-taking landscapes. Falmouth is home to the biggest sailing regatta in the South West, with the Henri Lloyd Falmouth Week taking place simultaneously. This August festival celebrates the town’s rich maritime history and can be considered as one of the busiest times of the year for Falmouth. If you are planning a visit during this time, booking hotels and guest houses should be a priority on your to do list.
An ocean full of maritime history
Falmouth is considered one of the most important towns in U.K maritime history. This attracts many tourists all year round to explore and learn about the past. Being a port town, Falmouth can be enjoyed for its scenic docks and harbour. Pendennis Castle was built by Henry VIII to protect this harbour and can be toured daily by members of public. This castle boasts reconstructions of what it was like when it was first built, great for the whole family. The National Maritime Museum is hosted in a modern building by the docks and is of course a must see attraction. Be sure to set aside a few hours to get through the vast number of exhibits spread over 12 galleries. From underwater windows to a boating pool, there is something for everyone. Falmouth provides shelter for ships and a harbour that is able to accommodate some of the largest ships in the world. Everything from super yachts to ocean liners can be spotted in these waters, with the more industrial boats being found on the dock side. And as one can expect, there are a few hotels and guest houses that are nautically themed to fit the occasion.
Discover the natural beauty with Falmouth gardens
There is certainly no shortage of exquisite gardens in the Falmouth area, boasting an array of tranquil spaces, exotic plants and natural walkways. Glendurgan Garden is one of the more popular choices among families, as plenty of fun activities including a giant maze and swings for the children are provided. A bamboo jungle takes you to a different world with large bamboo trees and ferns that surround beautiful shaded pathways. Trebah Garden is considered the finest garden in the Falmouth area and is known for its vivid colours and coastal backdrop. The gardens naturally flow down to a private beach area on the Helford River.
Visitors will also be able to enjoy a sumptuous meal in the café, while plants are available for sale in the reception building. This sub-tropical landscape boasts many secret pathways, children’s play areas and a large pond. Visitors will be able to learn about the rich history of the garden by exploring the different pathways. Queen Mary Gardens is another popular destination to explore the natural beauty that Falmouth has to offer. The gardens were opened in 1912 and have been renowned ever since for their sub-tropical landscape, including Proteas, Echium and Gunnera. You will be able to walk to these gardens from the town centre in just under ten minutes.
Price rangefrom £41to £244
- Hotel Driftwood Cottagedeals from £49
- Hotel Rosemulliondeals from £48
- Hotel The Greenbank Hoteldeals from £68
- Hotel Rosmerryndeals from £4
- Hotel Tregennadeals from £4
- Hotel Trecombe Lakesdeals from £83
More Top Hotels
- Horizons - Split-level Holiday Home In The Heart Of Packet Quays
- The Jacobs Ladder Inn
- Granite Barn. Peace Of Mind. Book Now And Cancel Anytime For A 100%Refund.
- St Michaels Resort
- Tudor Court
- Chelsea House
- Hotel The Westcott
- Eden Lodge
- Cutty Sark Inn
- Prince Of Wales
- Hotel Royal Duchy
- Stunning Waterfront Apartment, Balcony, Free Wifi And Secure Parking
- Hotel Gyllyngvase House
- Large Bungalow In Falmouth Close To 2 Beautiful Beaches
- A Comfortable Well Located Property In Falmouth With Generous Parking
- Melvill House
- Bright,Spacious Ground Floor Flat ,Near Sandy Beach,Coast Paths And Falmouth Bay
- The Falmouth Townhouse
- The Falmouth Hotel
- Trelawny 385014
- Number Seven
- The Grove
- Dolvean House
- The Oasis Guest House
- Penmere Manor
- The Red House
- Trevu House
- Headlands Guest House
- The Observatory Tower 56101
- 4 Capt Uptons Cottages. Town Centre But Secluded. Sea Views. Fast Wi-Fi.
- Beautifully Presented Modern 3 Bedroom Town House In Central Falmouth Location
- Rural Retreat - Contemporary Cottages Tucked Away, Close To The Coastlines
- Panoramic Sea Views.
- Beautifully Decorated, Spacious Home. Harbour Views & Short Walk To Town & Beach
- The Observatory Guest House
- Fabulous 3 Storey Townhouse Style Apt In Central Falmouth With Courtyard Garden.
- Lovely Holiday Home In Pendra Loweth's beautiful hidden valley
- The Broadmead B&B
- Beautiful, Luxury Beach Front Holiday Home In Falmouth, Cornwall, England
- Family Friendly Cottage In Tranquil Valley Near To Falmouth Town Centre
- Spacious 3 Bedroom Victorian Townhouse In Falmouth Cornwall
- Lugo Rock
- Hotels in Newquay 2415 Hotels deals from £28
- Hotels in Truro 1041 Hotels deals from £45
- Hotels in St Austell 963 Hotels deals from £46
- Hotels in Plymouth 1205 Hotels deals from £35
- Hotels in Torquay 1466 Hotels deals from £28
- Hotels in Bournemouth 1823 Hotels deals from £26
More Top Destinations
- St Mawes
- Mawnan Smith
- Port Isaac
- St Ives
- St Agnes