Hotels in Costa Teguise, Spain
- Comprehensive hotel search for Costa Teguise online
- Find a cheap hotel in Costa Teguise!
- Book at the ideal price!
Sunshine and more in Costa Teguise; Lanzarote, Spain
Lanzarote is one of Spain’s Canary Islands; although it is actually, much closer to the sun-baked coast of North Africa. The island’s year- round resorts attract tourists eagerly searching that elusive sunshine, even during those horrid winter months! Costa Teguise is a perfect example of a number of new resorts that have been created to cater for their needs. The town came to prominence in the 1980s and its compact nature, glorious beaches and accessibility to the international airport, quickly made it a popular year-round favourite. It’s also the perfect base from which to explore this uniquely fascinating island.
Life’s a breeze in Costa Teguise
Although December is the wettest month, any rainfall at all is a rare source of local celebration! Here on Lanzarote, August is the hottest time but even in the coldest month of January, temperatures are in excess of 16 degrees Celsius. Imagine! As a sunshine destination, Lanzarote and the Canaries are recognised as being among the world’s finest. Costa Teguise itself is a perfect example of the resorts that have been created on the island to satisfy the demands of tourism. Consequently, there are a number of hotels here, many of which cater for those very convenient and hugely popular all inclusive holidays. There’s much to attract holiday makers to Costa Teguise, but the prime feature will always be the weather. The climate’s constant sunny disposition ensures that increasing numbers of tourists are drawn to Costa Teguise. Locals love it too. They affectionately nickname the resort as Breezy Teguise because of the effects of the summer Sirocco wind (Calima).
Food fans are in a fishy stew
Even Costa Teguise visitors on an all inclusive holiday should take time out to sample some of Lanzarote’s local dishes. Fresh fish favourites include Pescado a la sal which is a delicious, salt-baked fish dish. Canarians also really love their stews and hotels in Costa Teguise serve their own versions. You can’t beat the real thing though and you won’t need to look far to find a restaurant that has Sancocho Canario on its menu. This wonderfully flavoured stew includes dried fish and potatoes. Potatoes are also the staple ingredient in Papas Arrugadas where they are cooked in sea water and served with Mojo, a traditional garlic and herb sauce. Gofio is a wholegrain additive to a number of dishes and often accompanies a soup course.
Festivals, fiestas, feasting, fun and Fundacion Cesar Manrique
Lanzarote is an enthusiastic participant in February’s Carnaval; a Canary Island spectacle which is reckoned to be second only to that staged in Rio! Everyone joins in as it’s a major tourist boost and if every Costa Teguise hotel isn’t full to capacity, then something is wrong. There’s a déjà vu, Guy Fawkes feel to June’s Fiesta of San Juan and the following month, Nuestra Señora del Carmen is an annual highlight in Costa Teguise and all towns and villages throughout the island. Dia de Canarias falls on 30th May. This is when, in 1983, the Canaries gained autonomy from Spain. There’s more to Costa Teguise than festivals though. The town’s Sunday market is the largest in the Canaries and Pueblo Marinero is the town’s main square; buzzing with shops restaurants and bars. It’s also well worth a visit to Fundacion Cesar Manrique where the works of this local artist are celebrated.
Hot beds of heated moments; and even a secret island
You’ll kick yourself if you don’t drag yourself away from the beach and the comparative luxury of your Costa Teguise hotel to witness life on the island of La Graciosa. Separated from Lanzarote by a stretch of water known as El Rio, there are only a few hundred inhabitants. They survive on fishing and tourism and it’s said that some have never even been to Lanzarote! The ferry crossing is from Orzola which is easily reached from hotels in the Costa Teguise area. The crossing takes just over half an hour. Another essential trip is to Timanfaya National Park where many minds are boggled in heated excitement when faced with the still steaming volcano. Then, with guided assistance, explore the lava fields and see how fig trees and ferns are, even now, just beginning to show signs of life following the volcanic activity of the 18th century.
Lanzarote is unique to Spain and the Canary Islands. Its many features are a source of ongoing visitor fascination.
Price rangefrom £25to £368
- Hotel Costa Teguise Golfdeals from £4
- Hotel Reby Bastian Beachdeals from £50
- Hotel Great Value Get Away For Young Families Travelling With Grandparentsdeals from £52
- Hotel BlueSea Costa Bastiandeals from £49
- Hotel Oasis Lanz Beach Matedeals from £39
- Hotel Melia Salinasdeals from £90
More Top Hotels
- Sands Beach Resort
- Aparthotel Océano
- Fully fitted ground floor apartment in private complex Costa Teguise
- South Facing Villa Overlooking The Pool On A Beachfront Resort In Costa Teguise
- Occidental Lanzarote Mar
- Hotel Grand Teguise Playa
- Nazaret Apartments
- Sun Blessed South Facing First Floor Apartment In Costa Teguise Lanzarote
- Apartment In A Quiet Complex With A Beautiful Pool And Sun Terrace
- Large Bungalow-Apartment In Costa Teguise.
- Neptuno Suites
- Spacious 2 Bed Apartment With Two Separate Terraces . Fiber Wi-Fi For Guests.
- Los Zocos Club Resort
- Apartamentos Santa Rosa
- Villa feet in the water, really!
- Hotel Lanzarote Paradise
- Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach
- Hotel Club Siroco
- Occidental Lanzarote Playa
- Tabaiba Apartamentos
- Apartamento Ideal Costa Teguise
- Bastian Nauplius
- Oasis Lanz Club and Grand Holidays Club at Oasis Lanz Club - One Bedroom
- 2 Bedroom Luxury Apartment Costa Teguise Wifi
- Apartamento Los Cármenes
- Residencia Golf y Mar
- BlueBay Lanzarote
- Galeón Playa
- Newly Listed Apartment. Beautifully Refurbished In The Perfect Holiday Location
- BlueSea Costa Teguise Gardens
- Apartamentos Celeste
- Spacous Ground Floor 2 Bedroom Apartment With Views Of Town And Sea
- Villa In Costa Teguise With Private Pool. Now With Wifi
- Los Ancones Apartment
- Penthouse Overlooking The Sea, Super Conditioning, Heated Pool, Year-round Season.
- Poolside Villa - Located On Popular Beach Front Resort
- H10 Suites Lanzarote Gardens
- Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa
- Hotels in Puerto del Carmen 1850 Hotels deals from £19
- Hotels in Arrecife 995 Hotels deals from £16
- Hotels in Playa Blanca 3230 Hotels deals from £31
- Hotels in Puerto Calero 319 Hotels deals from £52
- Hotels in Playa de los Pocillos 10 Hotels deals from £43
- Hotels in Playa Matagorda 44 Hotels deals from £51
More Top Destinations
- San Bartolomé
- Caleta de Fuste
- Costa Adeje
- Playa de las Américas
- Playa del Inglés
- Los Cristianos
- Puerto de la Cruz
- Costa Calma
- Charco del Palo
- Las Palmas
- Playa de Jandia
- Puerto Rico
- Nazaret Teguise
- Santa Cruz
- Golf del Sur
- Guía de Isora
- Playa de Fanabé
- El Golfo
- San Agustín
- San Miguel de Abona
- Las Playitas