Add hotels to your Favourites by clicking the heart.
Check-inSunday, Jan. 2014
Check-outMonday, Jan. 2014
We are currently working on this option. We recommend choosing the double room option and further optimising your search on the booking site.
From Sun. 05. Jan. 2014 to Mon. 06. Jan. 2014
Please select children's ages to start the search.
1 Clifton YO30 6AA York United Kingdom
0 out of 314 hotels
Sort by Distance
Sort by favorites
Only show hotels with the following criteria:
Remove all filters
10miles from The Grange
Only available hotels
Please use the filters on the left hand side to find your ideal hotel.
Show more hotels
Description The Grange
The Grange hotel is a four star hotel located in the city center of York. The hotel was built around 1830 and contains 36 bedrooms.
Each room has a central heating system and internet access. Room commodities also include a radio, a refrigerator, a minibar, a safe, a television set, a telephone, and an ironing board. All rooms have bathrooms with showers or bathtubs.
The reception is open for 24 hours, room service is also available non-stop. The hotel's restaurant is open to non-residents as well as to residents of the hotel. There is also a bar at the Grange hotel. Car rental is accessible at the hotel and there is a private car park for the hotel's guests. The hotel is wheel chair accessible and has a porter service. A business center, a reading room and a conference room are also available.
York Art Gallery, the Yorkshire Museum and York Theatre Royal are all within half a mile radius from the hotel. Various bars, cafes and night clubs can also be found in the hotel's nearest surroundings.
Dating from 1725, Wentworth Woodhouse is a large country house that was formerly the family home of the Earl of Malton who later became the Earl of Fittzwilliam. The front of the house measures 180 metres in length and is the longest house in Britain. The house itself is privately owned and is not open to the general public however the grounds are open to the public.
In fact Wentworth Woodhouse is actually two different houses joined together by a central courtyard. The smaller house, known as the West Wing, was the original house and contains over 150 different rooms. The larger house, known as the East Front, is almost double the size of its companion. It is thought that this second house was probably built in response to other family members who had recently rebuilt the nearby Wentworth Castle, there had been intense family feuding between the two owners of these estates so the building of the second house in the early 1800's would have been a show of strength.
The grounds of Wentworth Woodhouse cover over 150 acres and are known as Wentworth Park. Within this park there are several landscaped gardens including a Japanese Garden and an Informal Garden. There is also woodland, ponds and lakes.
Entry to park is free and it is open at all times. Parking is possible just outside the main entrance and parking is also free.
Conisbrough Castle is thought to have been built in the year 1070 for Earl William, the son-in-law of William the Conqueror, who became King William 1. Earl William had supported his father-in-law during the battle of 1066 and it is said that Conisbrough Castle was therefore given to him as a gift.
Steeped in history, the Castle was used as the setting for Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott.
The majority of the Castle today is little more than ruins, but the Keep is still very well preserved. This Keep was restored in 1994 when a new wooden roof was installed and two new floors were built. Conisbrough Castle is managed by the Ivanhoe Trust on behalf of English Heritage and Doncaster Metropolitan Council.
Conisbrough Castle is open daily throughout the year. From October through to March it is open from 10am until 4pm and from April through to September it is open from 10am until 5pm.
Admission charges are:
Adults - £4.00 (6 Euros)
Children - £2.15 (4.5 Euros)
Concessions - £2.75 (4 Euros)
Family ticket (2 adults + 2 children) - £10.00
Children under 6 and English Heritage members - Free
The Deep is a major new (2002) tourist attraction for Hull. It is a super-aquarium most of all; but not just that as it tells the visitors about the oceans and seas in general including ecological threats they face.
The Deep is housed in a building which is an attraction in itself and is divided into several zones (coral reef, Northern seas, twilight zone etc.).
The attraction boasts a giant tank 10 m deep and a super-deep viewing tunnel. There is also the usual cafe and shop.
Near the city center on the banks of the river Humber
daily 10am to 6pm (closed Christmas Eve & Christmas Day).
Last entry: 5.00pm
Last recommended entry time: 4.00pm