Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
- Hotel NH Voltaire Potsdam4from £53
- Hotel Mercure Potsdam City4from £61
- Hotel Dorint Sanssouci Berlin Potsdam4from £95
- Hotel Wyndham Garden Potsdam4from £52
- Hotel arcona HOTEL AM HAVELUFER 4from £57
- Hotel Hotel Ascot-Bristol Potsdam4from £46
More Top Hotels Potsdam
The church was built for Frederick William IV, according to his own design, from 1845 '“ 1848. The triple-nave basilica is to be seen as part of an ensemble that includes the vicarage and the nearby Marly Palace. The king had a love for Italy and the Church of Peace was modeled after the St Clemente Church in Rome.The interior of the church is decorated with a variety of marble; the apse features a rare mosaic that dates back to the 13th century which came originally from the Church of San Cipriano in Venice. The king and his wife are buried in a crypt under the altar. The Church of Peace is part of the Palaces and Parks of Potsdam and Berlin, an UNESCO World Heritage site.Opening hours: Mid-April to end of October daily from 10am to 5pm. There is no admission fee.