From Sunday, 27/04/14 to Monday, 28/04/14
Best Western Westminster
312 Mansfield Road NG5 2EF Nottingham United Kingdom
Only show hotels with the following criteria:
Description Best Western WestminsterThe Best Western Westminster Hotel has been beautifully converted from Victorian homes to offer a personalised and comfortable hotel. Located less than a mile from the city centre, it is in the perfect location to access business and leisure activities in and around Nottingham. Free on-site car parking, and free Wi-Fi is available to all guests for their convenience.
We are proud to offer 73 en-suite bedrooms all individually decorated and maintained to excellent standards.
- Best Western Westminster
- 312 Mansfield Road
- NG5 2EFNottingham
- United Kingdom
- Telephone: +44(115)9555000
- Official Homepage
- American Express
- Diner's Club
Room features Best Western Westminster
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Ironing board
- Windows that open
- Central heating
- Trouser press
- Tea/ coffee facilities
- Air conditioning
- Small lounge
- WiFi in the rooms
Hotel features Best Western Westminster
- Entrance hall/ lobby
- Car park
- Hotel bar
- Hotel safe
- Child/ Baby Cot
- Conference rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- PC with Internet
- 24-hour reception
- Wheelchair accessible
- Laundry service
- WiFi in Lobby
- Room service
- Shoe cleaning service
Type of lodging
Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
83 out of 100 based on 1189 reviews
Dating from 1725, Wentworth Woodhouse is a large country house that was formerly the family home of the Earl of Malton who later became the Earl of Fittzwilliam. The front of the house measures 180 metres in length and is the longest house in Britain. The house itself is privately owned and is not open to the general public however the grounds are open to the public.
In fact Wentworth Woodhouse is actually two different houses joined together by a central courtyard. The smaller house, known as the West Wing, was the original house and contains over 150 different rooms. The larger house, known as the East Front, is almost double the size of its companion. It is thought that this second house was probably built in response to other family members who had recently rebuilt the nearby Wentworth Castle, there had been intense family feuding between the two owners of these estates so the building of the second house in the early 1800's would have been a show of strength.
The grounds of Wentworth Woodhouse cover over 150 acres and are known as Wentworth Park. Within this park there are several landscaped gardens including a Japanese Garden and an Informal Garden. There is also woodland, ponds and lakes.
Entry to park is free and it is open at all times. Parking is possible just outside the main entrance and parking is also free.
Conisbrough Castle is thought to have been built in the year 1070 for Earl William, the son-in-law of William the Conqueror, who became King William 1. Earl William had supported his father-in-law during the battle of 1066 and it is said that Conisbrough Castle was therefore given to him as a gift.
Steeped in history, the Castle was used as the setting for Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott.
The majority of the Castle today is little more than ruins, but the Keep is still very well preserved. This Keep was restored in 1994 when a new wooden roof was installed and two new floors were built. Conisbrough Castle is managed by the Ivanhoe Trust on behalf of English Heritage and Doncaster Metropolitan Council.
Conisbrough Castle is open daily throughout the year. From October through to March it is open from 10am until 4pm and from April through to September it is open from 10am until 5pm.
Admission charges are:
Adults - £4.00 (6 Euros)
Children - £2.15 (4.5 Euros)
Concessions - £2.75 (4 Euros)
Family ticket (2 adults + 2 children) - £10.00
Children under 6 and English Heritage members - Free
Don Valley Stadium
The Don Valley Leisure Complex is one of the largest sports venues in the UK. It was built in 1990 at a cost of £29 million (44 million Euros). It has a capacity of over 25,000 people and plays hosts to major music concerts and sporting events.
The Don Valley was the first completely new sports stadium to be built in the UK since the 1920s, when Wembley Stadium was built in London. It is open from 7am until 9pm Monday to Friday and 9am until 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays. The stadium is easily accessible by bus and tram. Facilities include ample parking and disabled access.
Rockingham Castle was built 900 years ago for Richard the Conqueror and sits on the top of a ridge of hills giving views of the valley beyond, across five different counties.
Despite its address being listed as Market Harborough (a very attractive market town) it's actually closest to the industrial town of Corby and visitors would do better to follow road signs to Corby rather than Market Harborough
The Watson family who own the castle have lived there for 450 years and only one other family owned the castle before them.
The grounds and castle are open in the summer months - roughly from Easter to the end of September. Between Easter and the end of May they are only open on Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays (of which there are two in May). From June to September they are open on Tuesdays, Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays.
Opening hours are 12 noon to 5 pm.
If you can form a group of 20 or more visitors, they will open on additional days by prior appointment - there are links on the website to arrange such visits.
On open days the entry price is £7.50 for adults, £6.50 for Old Aged Pensioners and £4.50 for children up to 16 years of age. Dogs are welcomed in the gardens but not in the castle.
Special events such as Christmas Fayres and Craft Shows are held periodically - check the website for details. The castle is also available for weddings and other private functions.
Lincoln Cathedral is in the centre of Lincoln in the middle of Lincolnshire in the East of England and is one of the biggest cathedrals in Britain. Its origins can be traced back to the century before the Battle of Hastings. The West Front incorporates the surviving part of the first Romanesque Cathedral dating from 1072. The Cathedral collapsed in 1185 when an earthquake shook the building and reconstruction was completed in 1310. Most of the present day Cathedral dates from the 13th century when the Cathedral was re-built in the new gothic style. The carved screen was added by later generations along with the Wren Library and the Duncan Grant frescoes.
It can be reached by road via the A1 and A46 east from Newark, the A57 east from Sheffield, the A15 south from M180 Scunthorpe and Hull, the A15 north from Sleaford and the A46 south from Grimsby. Parking around the Cathedral is limited to short stay on the south side in Minster Yard or local car parks.
There is an information desk that provides information concerning the history, architecture and daily life of the Cathedral. The Cathedral is open during the following times: Summer Weekdays 7.15 am - 8.00 pm (Saturdays and Sundays 7.15 am - 6.00 pm); Winter Weekdays and Saturdays 7.15 am - 6.00 pm (Sundays 7.15 am - 5.00 pm).