Positioned in the historical town of Lincoln, The Tennyson is a quaint hotel. It is a short walk from Hykeham and Lincoln Central Rail Station. This establishment is close to the town centre. There are 8 en-suite rooms. Each room has a television with Freeview channels, hairdryer, tea/coffee maker and are non-smoking. Other facilities include free Wi-Fi in rooms and public areas, free Internet, free parking and there is a fireplace in the lobby area. A continental breakfast is available, but a charge will apply. The breakfast is available for a short period of time only. There are a number of restaurants nearby for guests who want to dine out. Attractions close to The Tennyson include Lincoln Castle and Lincoln Cathedral, where a copy of the Magna Carta is held, a must see for history buffs. Another attraction is Usher Gallery, great for art fans.
Address7 South Park, LN5 8EN, Lincoln United Kingdom | 0.6 miles from city center | Show on map
Telephone: +44(1)522521624 | Fax: | Official Homepage
- EC/ Maestro/ Debit card
Top 9 Features
- Windows that open,
- Trouser press,
- Electric kettle,
- WiFi in the rooms
- Car park,
- Garden or park,
- Porter service,
- Non-smoking rooms,
- WiFi in Lobby
- Golf Course
Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
Frenchgate Shopping Centre
The Frenchgate Centre is a large shopping centre in the centre of Doncaster. It derives its name from the medieval street that was once stood on the same site. The current centre was built in 1968 and was known as the Arndale Centre until 1988, when it changed owners and acquired its new name. It stands on the location of a 18th century shopping mall and is sometimes therefore referred to as the oldest shopping centre in Britain. There are over 5,500 square metres of undercover shopping malls built across two different floors. All areas are fully accessible by disabled visitors. Wheelchairs are available for hire. The opening hours are: Monday to Saturday - from 9am until 6pm Thursdays - from 9am until 10pm Sunday - from 10am until 4pm The main interchange bus station for the town (opened 2005) adjoins the Frenchgate centre and there is also a large multi-storey car park above. Parking charges apply.
Conisbrough Castle is thought to have been built in the year 1070 for Earl William, the son-in-law of William the Conqueror, who became King William 1. Earl William had supported his father-in-law during the battle of 1066 and it is said that Conisbrough Castle was therefore given to him as a gift. Steeped in history, the Castle was used as the setting for Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott. The majority of the Castle today is little more than ruins, but the Keep is still very well preserved. This Keep was restored in 1994 when a new wooden roof was installed and two new floors were built. Conisbrough Castle is managed by the Ivanhoe Trust on behalf of English Heritage and Doncaster Metropolitan Council. Conisbrough Castle is open daily throughout the year. From October through to March it is open from 10am until 4pm and from April through to September it is open from 10am until 5pm. Admission charges are: Adults - £4.00 (6 Euros) Children - £2.15 (4.5 Euros) Concessions - £2.75 (4 Euros) Family ticket (2 adults + 2 children) - £10.00 Children under 6 and English Heritage members - Free
Clumber Park covers an area of 3,800 acres and was the former estate of the Dukes of Newcastle. It is now owned and managed by the National Trust. This park incorporates part of the Sherwood Forest and it is a popular destination for walkers, cyclists, anglers and picnickers. The grand house was demolished in 1938, but the walled herb garden and the church still exist. There is also a gift shop, a restaurant and a cafe. Admission for pedestrians and National Trust members is free. For non members there is a charge of £4.50 (7 Euro) for vehicles to enter the park. Clumber Park is open daily throughout the year.
Sherwood Forest Country Park
Sherwood Forest is an ancient area of woodland located in North Nottinghamshire and surrounding the village of Edwinstowe. It covers an area of over 450 acres and it is now a designated National Nature Reserve which is managed by English Nature and is of great ecological importance. Historically this was the home of the legendary outlaw Robin Hood and, thanks largely to this legend, this area now attracts over half a million visitors every year. The Sherwood Forest Visitor Centre lies at the heart of this forest and is in close proximity to the Major Oak, which is said to have been Robin Hood's principal hiding place. Events include a Robin Hood Festival in summer and there is a restaurant and shop on site. Access to the Park is free but there is parking charges at the visitors centre, which is open daily from 10h30 to 17h00, but closing at 16h30 November to March.
Lincoln Cathedral is in the centre of Lincoln in the middle of Lincolnshire in the East of England and is one of the biggest cathedrals in Britain. Its origins can be traced back to the century before the Battle of Hastings. The West Front incorporates the surviving part of the first Romanesque Cathedral dating from 1072. The Cathedral collapsed in 1185 when an earthquake shook the building and reconstruction was completed in 1310. Most of the present day Cathedral dates from the 13th century when the Cathedral was re-built in the new gothic style. The carved screen was added by later generations along with the Wren Library and the Duncan Grant frescoes. It can be reached by road via the A1 and A46 east from Newark, the A57 east from Sheffield, the A15 south from M180 Scunthorpe and Hull, the A15 north from Sleaford and the A46 south from Grimsby. Parking around the Cathedral is limited to short stay on the south side in Minster Yard or local car parks. There is an information desk that provides information concerning the history, architecture and daily life of the Cathedral. The Cathedral is open during the following times: Summer Weekdays 7.15 am - 8.00 pm (Saturdays and Sundays 7.15 am - 6.00 pm); Winter Weekdays and Saturdays 7.15 am - 6.00 pm (Sundays 7.15 am - 5.00 pm).