Add hotels to your Favourites by clicking the heart.
Check-inSunday, Dec. 2013
Check-outMonday, Dec. 2013
We are currently working on this option. We recommend choosing the double room option and further optimising your search on the booking site.
From Sun. 15. Dec. 2013 to Mon. 16. Dec. 2013
Please select children's ages to start the search.
Bed & Breakfast0
27 Franklin Road HG1 5ED Harrogate United Kingdom
0 out of 127 hotels
Sort by Distance
Sort by favorites
Only show hotels with the following criteria:
Remove all filters
10miles from The Welford
Only available hotels
Please use the filters on the left hand side to find your ideal hotel.
Show more hotels
Description The Welford
Whether you are visiting on business or pleasure it is our aim to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. Rooms are charged on a per night basis and rates include a delightful English breakfast with a wide selection to choose from. Harrogate is a renowned Spa Town and is now well known for its sparkling and still Spa Water. Harrogate became fashionable in the 19th century and is still a fabulous place to visit. We are in easy reach of both rail and bus stations for visits to the nearby Yorkshire Dales with its many museums parks and stately homes. Why not visit the city of York and Ripon with its cathedral and weekly market? Local attractions also include: Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Knaresborough Castle Ripon Cathedral Spofforth Castle Brimham Rocks Montpellier Gardens Spa Gardens Ripon and The Valley Gardens.
The Frenchgate Centre is a large shopping centre in the centre of Doncaster. It derives its name from the medieval street that was once stood on the same site. The current centre was built in 1968 and was known as the Arndale Centre until 1988, when it changed owners and acquired its new name. It stands on the location of a 18th century shopping mall and is sometimes therefore referred to as the oldest shopping centre in Britain.
There are over 5,500 square metres of undercover shopping malls built across two different floors. All areas are fully accessible by disabled visitors. Wheelchairs are available for hire.
The opening hours are:
Monday to Saturday - from 9am until 6pm
Thursdays - from 9am until 10pm
Sunday - from 10am until 4pm
The main interchange bus station for the town (opened 2005) adjoins the Frenchgate centre and there is also a large multi-storey car park above. Parking charges apply.
Brodsworth Hall and Gardens
Brodsworth Hall stands in 15 acres of landscaped gardens and is located approximately 5 miles (8 kilometres) north west of Doncaster town centre. It was designed by the Italian architect, Chevalier Casentini and has been described as one of Britain's best preserved Victorian country houses. It has remained virtually unchanged since it was built in 1860 and many of its thirty rooms still feature their original furniture. Today, it is owned and managed by English Heritage.
Brodsworth Hall and Gardens are open daily (except Mondays) between March and September when they are open between 1pm and 5pm. During October they are only open on Saturday and Sundays between 10am and 4pm. During the period November to February the main hall is closed, except for the servant's wing. This, and the gardens are open on Saturdays and Sundays between 10am and 4pm.
Admission charges for the hall and gardens are:
Adults - £8.50 (13 Euros)
Children - £4.30 (7 Euros)
Concessions - £6.80 (10 Euros)
Charges for the gardens only are:
Adults - £5.00 (7.5 Euros)
Children - £2.50 (3.75 Euros)
Concessions - £4.00 (6 Euros)
Entry is free for English Heritage members.
Dating from 1725, Wentworth Woodhouse is a large country house that was formerly the family home of the Earl of Malton who later became the Earl of Fittzwilliam. The front of the house measures 180 metres in length and is the longest house in Britain. The house itself is privately owned and is not open to the general public however the grounds are open to the public.
In fact Wentworth Woodhouse is actually two different houses joined together by a central courtyard. The smaller house, known as the West Wing, was the original house and contains over 150 different rooms. The larger house, known as the East Front, is almost double the size of its companion. It is thought that this second house was probably built in response to other family members who had recently rebuilt the nearby Wentworth Castle, there had been intense family feuding between the two owners of these estates so the building of the second house in the early 1800's would have been a show of strength.
The grounds of Wentworth Woodhouse cover over 150 acres and are known as Wentworth Park. Within this park there are several landscaped gardens including a Japanese Garden and an Informal Garden. There is also woodland, ponds and lakes.
Entry to park is free and it is open at all times. Parking is possible just outside the main entrance and parking is also free.
Conisbrough Castle is thought to have been built in the year 1070 for Earl William, the son-in-law of William the Conqueror, who became King William 1. Earl William had supported his father-in-law during the battle of 1066 and it is said that Conisbrough Castle was therefore given to him as a gift.
Steeped in history, the Castle was used as the setting for Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott.
The majority of the Castle today is little more than ruins, but the Keep is still very well preserved. This Keep was restored in 1994 when a new wooden roof was installed and two new floors were built. Conisbrough Castle is managed by the Ivanhoe Trust on behalf of English Heritage and Doncaster Metropolitan Council.
Conisbrough Castle is open daily throughout the year. From October through to March it is open from 10am until 4pm and from April through to September it is open from 10am until 5pm.
Admission charges are:
Adults - £4.00 (6 Euros)
Children - £2.15 (4.5 Euros)
Concessions - £2.75 (4 Euros)
Family ticket (2 adults + 2 children) - £10.00
Children under 6 and English Heritage members - Free