Hotels Dunkeld Cathedral, Dunkeld Dunkeld Cathedral› Find the ideal hotel in the area
› Compare prices from more than 160 booking sites
› Book where it's the cheapest!
The Cathedral is located in the town of Dunkeld, in extensive grounds on the banks of the river Tay. Cathedral is dedicated to St Columba. This site has been a place of Christian worship since around 570 A. D. the Celtic missionaries - the Culdees - built a monastery here. In 848 the king of Scotland, Kenneth MacAlpin built the original stone Cathedral. The building has both Gothic and Norman styles and was rebuilt over a period from 1260 to 1501. Opening times (cathedral and grounds): April-September 9.30am - 6.30pm October-March 9.30am - 4.00pm The entrance is free and a leaflet guide as well as a free audio tour is available inside. The Cathedral is a functioning church and thus the Nave and the Chapter House (small museum adjacent to the Nave) should not be visted between 10 and 12 on Sundays when the service is on.