- These hotels may also be interesting for you...
The privately owned, Arundel House - overlooking the River Cam in Cambridge - is a short walk from the centre of this beautiful city.
Rooms at Arundel House are en-suite with beverage making facilities, colour television, radio, hairdryer and telephone with wake up option.
There is free onsite car parking and Wi-Fi is available in all areas. Additional services include: round the clock reception, luggage storage and safe deposit box facility. Electronic proximity door locks are fitted throughout the hotel.
The restaurant serves breakfast selections and later; table d’hôte, a la carte, vegetarian and children’s evening menu choices. Social events, wedding receptions, conferences and meetings are also hosted here – and in the bar.
Easily accessed by train (*a 10 minute taxi drive from the station), or via the A1, A14, A45, A10 and M11 motorways; there is a fusion, here, of glorious surroundings, fine food and comfortable accommodation.
AddressChesterton Road, CB4 3AN, Cambridge United Kingdom | 0.5 miles from city center | Show on map
Telephone: +44(1223)367701 | Fax:+44(1223)367721 | Official Homepage
- EC/ Maestro/ Debit card
- American Express
- Diner's Club
Top 9 Features
- Bathroom with bathtub,
- Bathroom with shower,
- Windows that open,
- Central heating,
- Electric kettle,
- Air conditioning,
- Small lounge,
- Entrance hall/ lobby,
- Car park,
- Garden or park,
- Hotel bar,
- Hotel safe,
- Conference rooms,
- Non-smoking rooms,
- PC with internet,
- 24-hour reception,
- Laundry service,
- WiFi in lobby
- Boats to Rent,
- Running/ Rollerblading track,
- Tennis court
Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
Trinity College is the largest and one of the most prestigious colleges in Cambridge. It was founded in 1546 by Henry VIII and the majority of its buildings date back from the 16th and 17th century. More than thirty Nobel Prize winners attended Trinity College, as have a number of British Prime Ministers and royalty such as King Edward VII, King George VI and Prince Charles. The College is open to visitors from 10am to 5pm and an admission charge applies from March to November.
Braintree District Museum
Braintree District Museum takes the visitor on a journey through the past of the town. Starting with the earliest findings in the area which date back to the Bronze Age it displays items of daily use. A special section of the museum is dedicated to the textile industry which was a main issue for the development of the town. The museum is located in a Victorian schoolhouse and one room has stayed completedly furnished as a period classroom. A statue of one of the most famous sons of the town, the naturalist John Ray, can be seen in the old schoolyard in front of the main entrance to the museum. The museum offers a gift shop, toilets and a cafe and disabled facilities. For temporary exhibitions and events please refer to website. Open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 5pm. Parking available (fee)
King's College Chapel
King's College Chapel is, as the name implies, the chapel of King's College, one of the constituent colleges of the University of Cambridge. All the colleges have chapels, but this one is world famous as a crowning example of the English Gothic perpendicular style. Begun in 1441 at the instigation of Henry VI, it was not completed until 1531, by which time the technology and vision came together to create the intricate fan vault, the largest of its kind in the world. The chapel is also famous for its original 16th century stained glass. The physical setting of the chapel, on the lawns of the college beside the Cam, adds to its beauty. The Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols, led by the chapel choir, is broadcast world-wide on Christmas Eve. Entrance fees are £4.50 for adults, £3 for children and concessions. Free entry to local residents and members of the university who can also take in two guests. An audio tour is £2. Main entrance is through the north porch but there is a ramp for wheelchair users at the south porch. Opening hours are complicated and affected by recordings and recitals. The website has a full page of opening hours through the year, so best check first. The Christmas Eve Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols is open to anyone, but tickets are not sold in advance, it's first come, first served. This means you have to be in the queue before 9.30am, you are let into the Chapel at 1.30pm and the service begins at 3pm.
The Cathedral Church of St Peter, St Paul and St Andrew was founded in 655 AD and is one of the UK's oldest cathedrals. It has had a chequered history - being burned down and rebuilt in the 12th Century. Sections were destroyed during the Civil War and fire again attacked the building in 2001. Despite all of this, the Cathedral stands tall and proud as the most significant building in the city. The cathedral is situated in calm and tranquil gardens at the heart of the city of Peterborough in Cambridgeshire and is open every day of the week - from 9 am to 6.30 pm Monday to Friday; from 9 am to 5 pm on Saturdays and from 7.30 am to 5 pm on Sundays. Visitors who wish to remain for the services are welcome to stay past the closing time. There is no entrance fee, but donations are (obviously) welcomed.