View DealNo availability based on 9 websites.
- These hotels may also be interesting for you...
AddressStragglethorpe , LN5 0QZ, Brant Broughton United Kingdom | 1.3 miles from city center | Show on map
Telephone: +44(1400)272626 | Fax: | Official Homepage
- American Express
- JCB Intl.
Top 9 Features
- Bathroom with bathtub,
- Bathroom with shower,
- Ironing board,
- Windows that open,
- Central heating,
- Electric kettle,
- Satellite TV,
- WiFi in the rooms,
- Cost of wireless internet in rooms
- Entrance hall/ lobby,
- Car park,
- Garden or park,
- Non-smoking rooms,
- WiFi in Lobby
- Hiking trail
Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
Renishaw Hall and Gardens
Renishaw Hall and Gardens lie approximately 8.5 miles (14KM) to the south of Sheffield City Centre. This country house has been the family home of the Sitwell family for more than four centuries and it is set in 300 acres of landscaped gardens which includes an 8 acre Italianate garden. The house contains many treasures and artefacts relating to the family which are displayed within a small museum. There is a cafe and toilets which are equipped for disabled access. There is also ample parking at £1 (1.5 Euros) per vehicle. The house and its gardens are open from the end of March until the end of September. Hours are Thursday through to Sunday (plus Bank Holidays) from 10.30am until 4.30pm. Admission charges are: Adults £5 (7.5 Euros) Concessions £4.20 (6.5 Euros) Children under 10 - Free
Clumber Park covers an area of 3,800 acres and was the former estate of the Dukes of Newcastle. It is now owned and managed by the National Trust. This park incorporates part of the Sherwood Forest and it is a popular destination for walkers, cyclists, anglers and picnickers. The grand house was demolished in 1938, but the walled herb garden and the church still exist. There is also a gift shop, a restaurant and a cafe. Admission for pedestrians and National Trust members is free. For non members there is a charge of £4.50 (7 Euro) for vehicles to enter the park. Clumber Park is open daily throughout the year.
Sherwood Forest Country Park
Sherwood Forest is an ancient area of woodland located in North Nottinghamshire and surrounding the village of Edwinstowe. It covers an area of over 450 acres and it is now a designated National Nature Reserve which is managed by English Nature and is of great ecological importance. Historically this was the home of the legendary outlaw Robin Hood and, thanks largely to this legend, this area now attracts over half a million visitors every year. The Sherwood Forest Visitor Centre lies at the heart of this forest and is in close proximity to the Major Oak, which is said to have been Robin Hood's principal hiding place. Events include a Robin Hood Festival in summer and there is a restaurant and shop on site. Access to the Park is free but there is parking charges at the visitors centre, which is open daily from 10h30 to 17h00, but closing at 16h30 November to March.
Ye Olde Pork Pie Shoppe
The town of Melton Mowbray is famous for pork pies - voted the UK's third most popular regional dish (after Yorkshire Puddings and Cornish Pasties). In 2006 the local butchers fought a successful campaign to prevent the term 'Melton Mowbray Pork Pie' being used by any pie manufacturers outside the Melton Mowbray area - after all, if Champagne can be protected, why not pork pies? The oldest pie producer in the town is Dickinson and Morris - at their shop pies have been made for over 150 years. Visitors to the town can buy pies and other food in the shop and pork pies start at £1.10 for the small size. The shop also offers pies by post.
Leicester has been a market town for over 700 years. Today the Leicester market is a bustling cosmopolitan mix of over 300 stalls (fresh produce, books, leather goods, clothing) in the heart of the city. It is the largest covered market in Europe. The family of a local football celebrity who started his professional career with Leicester City FC are still fruit and vegetable traders here. In the centre of the market is the old Corn Exchange building, built in 1850 and flanked by stone steps. This now serves as a restaurant and bar. Outside is a stature of the Duke of Rutland. Adjacent is the Indoor Market hall which houses the fish market and a delicatessen. The original ornately designed Fish Market hall which had distinctly cast iron pillars was closed in the mid 1970s but was retained as part of the new structure. It can be approached from Cheapside (adjacent to the Clock Tower); from the corner of Granby Street and Horsefair Street and from any of the narrow streets and arcades leading from High Street and Hotel Street. OPENING HOURS: Outdoor: Monday to Saturday Indoor: Tuesday to Saturday Browsing Free.
Lincoln Cathedral is in the centre of Lincoln in the middle of Lincolnshire in the East of England and is one of the biggest cathedrals in Britain. Its origins can be traced back to the century before the Battle of Hastings. The West Front incorporates the surviving part of the first Romanesque Cathedral dating from 1072. The Cathedral collapsed in 1185 when an earthquake shook the building and reconstruction was completed in 1310. Most of the present day Cathedral dates from the 13th century when the Cathedral was re-built in the new gothic style. The carved screen was added by later generations along with the Wren Library and the Duncan Grant frescoes. It can be reached by road via the A1 and A46 east from Newark, the A57 east from Sheffield, the A15 south from M180 Scunthorpe and Hull, the A15 north from Sleaford and the A46 south from Grimsby. Parking around the Cathedral is limited to short stay on the south side in Minster Yard or local car parks. There is an information desk that provides information concerning the history, architecture and daily life of the Cathedral. The Cathedral is open during the following times: Summer Weekdays 7.15 am - 8.00 pm (Saturdays and Sundays 7.15 am - 6.00 pm); Winter Weekdays and Saturdays 7.15 am - 6.00 pm (Sundays 7.15 am - 5.00 pm).