This Renaissance castle, located on the Weser Renaissance Route, dates from 1588 and is the property of the von Klencke family who manage the Estate which includes the palace, gardens and sundry other historic buildings.
Guided tours of the Castle Museum are presented daily except on Mondays. Tours commence on the hour between 10h00 and 17h00 from May to September and between 11h00 and 16h00 from 21 March to 30 April and all of October.
Exhibits include furnishings, works of art, porcelain and weaponry. Details of special events and rotating exhibitions are available at the website. Facilities include a coffee shop, museum shop and beer garden as well as hiking trails, a water mill and art studio.