Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
- Hotel Intercontinental Johannesburg O R Tambo Airport5from £178
- Hotel Aero Guest Lodgefrom £40
- Hotel Peermont Mondior at Emperors Palace4from £96
- Hotel Airport Modjadji Guesthousefrom £33
- Hotel Sunrock Guesthousefrom £49
- Hotel Southern Sun OR Tambo International Airportfrom £88
More Top Hotels Benoni
The Carlton Centre is a skyscraper of 223 metres, which makes it South Africa’s tallest building. Situated in the town centre of Johannesburg is was once the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere. Officially opened in 1973 and linked to the Carlton Hotel, it stands 50 floors high above an underground shopping centre with over 180 shops and an Ice skating rink. The building consists of mainly offices and seats the head office of Transnet. However, the high crime rate of this part of the city threatens its future, as many occupants relocate for this very reason.