The sunny south-facing garden is a good place to relax on warmer days, either to recover from the day or to plan the next whilst browsing the wealth of information in the hotel - maps, leaflets and recommendations from previous guests.
For a more relaxing moment, why not book a private session in the hot tub?
You can order champagne/chocolates/flowers to be in your room on your arrival (at an additional cost). Please let Cranleigh know your estimated time of arrival, so that these can be placed in your room.
Enjoy your inclusive breakfast in the elegant dining room. The kitchen uses fresh and local ingredients where ever possible and are members of the Bath Real Breakfast.
There is a variety of choice, from traditional English to house specialties and vegetarian.
Cranleigh is licenced and has mini-bar fridges stocked with wine, beer and soft drinks - all at pub prices or less! Great for when you have had a hard day in the city and need to relax. From Cranleigh you can choose to walk, bus or drive into the city centre. If you walk it is just a mile to the Royal Crescent - one of the major landmarks in Bath. Regular buses run nearby and there is a Park and Ride shuttle which offers non-stop return rides to the Abbey. From Bath City Centre:
- Leave Bath via Queens Square (with Francis Hotel and Obelisk).
- Look for signs towards A4 Bristol, Newbridge, Weston or Royal United Hospital.
- At 2nd set of traffic lights at The Weston pub the road forks, take the right fork onto the A431.
- At the mini roundabout exit slightly left.
- Cranleigh is about 1/4 mile on the left.
From the M4:
- Exit at junction 18.
- Join the A46 to Bath.
- Continue through the village of Pennsylvania.
- At the next roundabout, turn right onto the A420 towards Bristol.
- After 1/3 mile follow signs to filter left to Lansdown Park and Ride.
- Along this country lane the road dips down then rises to a T-junction, bear left.
- Continue up hill along a flat plain, past the racecourse and golf course.
- Then the road bends left.
- There is a large pub called the Blathwayt Arms on the right.
- About 300 metres past the pub, turn right turn at new junction to Weston.
- At the bottom of hill there is a mini roundabout, take the left exit.
- Go through village and past the pedestrian crossing and the Crown and Anchor pub, then turn right into Anchor Road, which becomes Penn Hill Road (signposted Bristol).
- At the end of this road (approximately half a mile), turn left at the T-junction.
- Cranleigh is 500 yards on the right.
- Take the A36 towards Bath.
- Keeping left, follow signs for A36 Bristol and City Centre.
- At the next junction, turn left onto the A36 (A4) to Bristol.
- Carry on over the roundabout and under the bridge, still following signs for A36 (A4) Bristol.
- Turn left under the Railway Arches, past Toyota & Renault garages.
- Signs change to A4 Bristol.
- Pass the Mitsubishi garage.
- Keep to the centre lane and after the BMW garage, at the next set of lights, turn right to Bristol A4 (A431).
- Continue over the bridge, past gas storage tanks (on the right).
- At the lights turn left to Bristol A4 (A431).
- At the next lights, with The Weston pub on your left, turn right.
Fork to Bitton A431.
- At the mini roundabout bear left onto the A431 Bitton and Kelston.
- Cranleigh is about 1/4 mile on the left.
- Take the A39.
- As you near Bath look for and follow signs to Park & Ride (Newbridge).
- Take the first left after the Park & Ride entrance (Old Newbridge Hill).
- This steep hill has a sharp bend to the right.
- At the T-junction at the top of hill, turn right.
- Cranleigh is 50 yards on right.
Just a mile down the road is Charlotte Street Car Park - a large long stay city centre car park with CCTV. Cranleigh is an elegant Victorian house with many original period features, located in a peaceful residential area.
Just 1.5 miles from the historic city of Bath, you can enjoy the numerous sites and entertainment opportunities during your stay. Also, within walking distance of the hotel there is a local pub and restaurant.
Cranleigh houses 9 en suite rooms, each one individually furnished in a traditional style. They are fully-equipped to ensure that your stay is both comfortable and memorable.Payment Information:
Payment is due upon departure. When you check-out at Cranleigh, you will be given an invoice for the total cost. Your card details used in making this reservation are held by Cranleigh in case of cancellation, or non-payment of goods/services on departure.
Please note that if paying by credit card, an additional 2.5% will be added by Cranleigh to the total cost.
You can check in to your room anytime between 13:00 and 19:00 on weekdays. On Saturdays and Sundays, Cranleigh kindly request that you check in by 17:00, unless by prior arrangement.
Arriving earlier than 13:00?
If you do arrive earlier please come and check-in. If the room is ready, you will be shown straight to it. If not, Cranleigh can take your luggage and give you your room key and information about Bath, so you can go and enjoy your day.
Arriving later than 19:00?
Cranleigh does not operate a full-time reception. If you need to check in after 19:00, this needs to be arranged in advance so that there is someone to greet you on your arrival. Check-in is not at all possible after 22:00.
Smoking is not permitted in any part of the building. Cranleigh reserve the right to charge you if repairs or extra cleaning are needed as a result of smoking.Cancellation Policy: If cancelled up to 2 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged.
If cancelled later or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
Children and Extra Bed Policy: Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.
All children or adults are charged GBP 20.00 per night and person for extra beds.
Maximum capacity of extra beds in a room is 2.
There is no capacity for cots in the room.
Deposit Policy: No deposit will be charged.
VAT and city/tourist taxes: 17.5 % VAT is included.
Service charge is not applicable.
City/tourist tax is not applicable.
Internet: Wireless internet is available in the entire hotel and is free of charge.
Meal Plan: Full English breakfast is included in the room rate.
Parking: Free public parking is possible on site.
Pets: Pets are not allowed.
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.